Sierra Wireless Feels The Burn
- Sierra suffers from Metricom troubles. // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p16
Reports on the drop in revenues of Sierra Wireless Inc. for the second quarter of 2001 caused by the bankruptcy of Metricom Inc. Loss posted by the company for the quarter; Decrease in the revenue expectations of Sierra for 2002; Casualties of Metricom's bankruptcy.
- Metricom assets up for auction. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p4A
Reports on the bankruptcy of Metricom Inc. in San Jose, California. Auction of the assets of the firm; Application of lawsuit against Long Island Power Authority; Assessment of the bankruptcy court proceedings.
- Metricom files for Chapter 11. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;7/9/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the United States-based Metricom's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Dismissal of almost 400 employees; Factors contributing to the bankruptcy; Year-end financial performance in February 2001.
- Metricom Forced To Shut Down. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p3
Reports the bankruptcy filed by Metricom Inc. on July 2, 2001 in the U.S. Termination of several employees; Indication of ceasing business; Indication of selling assets on auction.
- About Sierra Wireless. // Biotech Financial Reports;Sep2006, Special Section p5
The article presents the British Columbia, Canada-based Sierra Wireless, a company responsible for the development and marketing of communications products including AirCard line of wireless PC cards, embedded modules for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and others. Sierra Wireless has...
- Sierra launches channel partner program. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Reports on Sierra Wireless Inc.'s launching of Channel Connections, a program that supplies channel partners hoping to increase sales in wireless data products and services.
- M2M industry working group formed. // InTech;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p10
This article reports on the announcement by Sierra Wireless and the Eclipse Foundation about the establishment of an Industry Working Group for the development of a standard platform for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications applications.
- In the shadowlands of data. SWEENEY, DANIEL // America's Network;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on enterprises that are operating in an unlicensed telecommunication spectrum. Debate on local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) networks; Reason for the attractiveness of unlicensed spectra; Business plan of the Metricom company.
- Metricom pulls the plug on Long Island Internet market. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/20/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 29, p6A
Reports that Metricom Inc. filed for a bankruptcy protection and details its business plans in the U.S. Proclamation of the company's continuous Internet services in the metropolitan market; Challenges faced by the company in its business operation; Company background.