Safety Alliance Uses Tragedy As A Springboard
- Preparing ahead for potential emergencies. // High Plains Journal;9/28/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p9A
The article discusses the importance of developing a family communication plan in case of emergencies, explaining how it can have major implications on one's safety during a disaster.
- Together we prepare. Mullin, Kevin L. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/21/2003, Issue 323050, p25
Focuses on the 'Together We Prepare' campaign of the American Red Cross to prepare the U.S. in the event of disaster or national emergency. Focus on individuals and how every person can help prepare for disaster; Goal of educating and inspiring people to help in the campaign.
- Staying safe if San Fran shakes. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;04/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 16, pT8
Offers tips and advice on what to do when an earthquake strikes in San Francisco, California. Importance of taking cover under a sturdy desk, table or other furniture; Protecting your head and eyes by pressing your face against your biceps and wrapping your forearms over your head.
- PRODUCTS. // Occupational Hazards;Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 65, p17
Introduces several products for emergency response and management. RapidTag field tagging system from Salamander Technologies Inc; Solaris Multigas Detector from MSA Instrument Division; Photoluminescent Exit signs from American Permalight Inc; HazMat Smart-Strip chemical detector badge from...
- How Can You Stay Safe From Fire? // Weekly Reader - Edition K;Oct2004, p2
Illustrates ways for children to stay safe from fire. Avoidance of touching matches or lighters; Need to stay away from the stove.
- Selecting appropriate egress strategies. Tubbs, Jeffrey; Meacham, Brian // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Sep2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the need to understand building and its occupants in selecting appropriate egress strategies. It is stated that the egress strategies are designed to allow occupants who are not familiar worth the initial accident to escape the area of immediate hazard in order to reach a...
- Factores que inciden en la accidentalidad en los pasos a nivel. Castro, J. M. Villaroel // Transporte Desarrollo y Medio Ambiente;nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p37
The main factors impacting in the accidents at grade crossing are described and the measures required for the decrease of their influence.
- All About You. Jones, Jessica // Emergency Management;Winter2008, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p8
The author comments on the results of an online survey about the contents of the journal "Emergency Management." She cites the key findings of the survey including the percentage of respondents interested on emergency management (EM) preparedness. She mentions the changes proposed by the...
- Promoting disaster mitigation/accident prevention. // Asia Insurance Review;Mar2013, p36
The article discusses the 9th Exploration for Disaster Prevention (EDP) annual map contest sponsored by the General Insurance Association of Japan (GIA) in Tokyo, Japan.