Widening Losses, Additional Cuts
- Crown to roll out 3G network. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p44
Announces that Crown Castle UK Ltd. has won a contract to build a third-generation network on the Isle of Man.
- Crown grows revenues, net loss widens. // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the revenues and net loss of Crown Castle International Corp. for the quarter of 2000 ending on December 31.
- The interactive home: Extra bandwidth. Hayler, Keith // World Broadcast Engineering;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the use of spectrum broadband network by Crown Castle International in Great Britain. Concept of sectorized transmission; Allocation of data capacity for Unicast operation; Versatility of the DVB-T standard.
- BellSouth negotiates site care. GOHRING, NANCY // Telephony;03/15/99, Vol. 236 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the agreement between Bellsouth and Crown Castle regarding 1850 wireless towers. Implication of the deal; Information on Crown Castle.
- Crown Castle Ponders Australian Unit's Future. // TelecomWeb News Digest;10/4/2005, p3
The article reports on the evaluation of strategic alternatives by Crown Castle International for its investment in Crown Castle Australia in 2005. The investment may lead to a leveraged recapitalization or a sale of all or part of its interests. The company is being advised by UBS Investment...
- Crown to acquire GTE towers, companies sign build-to-suit deal. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on Crown Castle International Corp.'s plan to acquire towers through a joint venture with GTE Corp. Number of towers controlled by Crown Castle in the United States and Great Britain; Estimated value of the transaction; Crown Castle's financial performance in the third quarter of 1999.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p1
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Corporate profits of Crown Castle International Corp. for the first quarter ending March 31, 2001; Theft case filed by Lucent Technologies Inc. against three scientists.
- The case for sharing 3G infrastructure. Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p12
Reports on independent owner and operator of shared wireless communications and broadcast infrastructure, the Crown Castle International's claim that sharing 3G infrastructure could help an operator reduce its network costs. Vodafone's 3G license cost; Factors attributed to high costs of 3G...
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of September 20, 1999. Acquisition of an interest in Hudson Valley RSA Cellular Partnership by Bell Atlantic Mobile; Investment plans of GE Capital Structured Finance Group in Crown Castle International Corp.