Carriers Ask FCC For NextWave Investigation
- Final Lap In NextWave Case Begins. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the case filed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Alaska Native Wireless to regain the disputed NextWave Telecom Incorporated's spectrum. Return of the bulk of deposit Verizon Wireless paid to acquire NextWave spectrum; Amount the FCC continues to hold on in the...
- FCC sets re-auction date, defends restructuring. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the rejection of bankrupt Nextwave Telecom Inc.'s request to the United States Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its decision to cancel and re-auction the company's licenses.
- NextWave near settlement. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p2
Discusses issues on the settlement of the licenses of personal communication service system carrier NextWave Telecom Inc. Agreement on the value of the licenses; Alliance of Verizon Wireless with Valley Communications; Payment of the licenses.
- Will the re-auction be delayed? Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p8
Focuses on the efforts of NextWave Telecom Inc. in keeping its personal communications services licenses in the United States.
- D.C. court refuses to stop auction. // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p19
Reports that a United States federal appeals court has ruled that the reauction of bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc.'s telecommunication licenses will commence as planned.
- Changing Rules Of The Game. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p20
Discusses how launching a business based on the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) model would affect the status of NextWave Telecom Inc. Interest of Sprint PCS and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. in the MVNO model; Criticism of the MVNO model; Agreement of America Online with AT&0T Wireless;...
- Newly Attractive NextWave Could Ride M&A. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals to give back NextWave Telecom Inc. its wireless licenses in 2001, which may interest industry players to finance it out of bankruptcy. Services provided by the telecommunications operator; Total amount of NextWave's debt; Companies rumored to...
- Where is the innovation? Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the failure of the re-auction of the personal communications services licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. to attract small innovative companies that would bring services to market and be competitive with larger firms as envisioned by the United States government.
- Native Corporations Provide Wireless to 88 of Top U.S. Markets. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Arctic Slope Regional Corp., Sealaska Corp. and Doyon Ltd. have formed a joint venture with AT&T Wireless to form Alaska Native Wireless LLC. Winning bidder in a Federal Communications Commission auction for wireless licenses; Coverage areas; Consortium bid amount; Universal mobile...