Vodafone Slows 3G Spending
- Vodafone Advocates New, Global 3G Operators Club. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p27
Reports on the call of the Vodafone company for wireless operators to form a global operators club. Stakes of Vodafone in the wireless communications industry; Information on Vodafone's recommendation; Reactions of various wireless groups to the concept.
- The Shifting Balance of U.K.'s Global Operators. HAnluain, Daithi Ó // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p16
Focuses on the telecommunication companies Vodafone Group and British Telecommunications PLC (BT) in Great Britain. Factors which led to the debt situation of BT; Plan of Vodafone to expand its operations in the global wireless industry; Implications of the move of BT to sell its stake in...
- Indian promise. Lennighan, Mary // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2007, p9
The article provides an update on the telecommunication industry in India. Currently, analysts say India has a mobile subscriber addition rate of 6-7 million users per month. The biggest name in the frame in 2007 is British mobile giant Vodafone, which has been in talks to take a controlling...
- Vodafone-Air Touch: Perfect Fit? // Wireless Review;02/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the acquisition of Air Touch by Vodafone, creating the largest wireless company in the world. Worth of the deal; Problems faced by the merger; Vodafone's plan to start a business deal with Bell Atlantic.
- SHORT MESSAGE. // Wireless Asia;9/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p32
Reports on developments related to the wireless telecommunications industry as of September 2003. Preference by Society of Mutant Telepaths to use cellular telephones when communicating with each other in the U.S.; Service launched by Great Britain-based Vodafone designed to allow mobile...
- Standards required to spur content development. Akram, Umar // Wireless Asia;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p29
The article focuses on the need for European telecommunication operators to focuses on services other than the traditional voice-based services , according the Vodafone D2C strategy briefing. The author pointed out that operators are also struggling to retain existing subscribers in the...
- 3G Auction Hammer Falls. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the winner of the bidding for the third-generation (3G) wireless communication spectrum in Great Britain. Companies awarded licenses for the 2 gigahertz spectrum; Amount paid by Vodafone AirTouch for its license; Target market for the 3G spectrum.
- Verizon, Vodafone to offer dual-branded data service. // RCR Wireless News;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the plan of wireless communication companies Verizon Wireless and Vodafone Group PLC to develop a dual-branded Verizon Vodafone laptop data card service for business customers who travel between the U.S. and Europe. Design of the service; Model from which the card will be based;...
- Vodafone takes on 4.4M in 4Q of 2003. // RCR Wireless News;2/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p14
Reports on subscription growth posted by Vodafone Group plc in the fourth quarter of 2003. Total number of additional subscribers; Total proportionate subscribers of the company; Number of subscribers acquired by the company from Verizon Wireless.