Eyes Focus On Carrier Numbers
- Sprint PCS results top expectations. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p16
Reports on the earnings of Sprint PCS for the second quarter of 2001. Number of Sprint's net subscribers as of July 23, 2001; Growth in the company's revenue for the quarter; Financial performance of U.S. Cellular for the quarter.
- Sprint Closes $480M Deal for Wireless Spectrum. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/20/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p31
The article reports that telecommunications company Sprint Nextel Corp. has acquired wireless personal communications service spectrum from U.S. Cellular for 480 million U.S. dollars, which means that Sprint's network capacity in various U.S. markets, such as Illinois and Indiana, will increase.
- Sprint PCS 4Q beats street. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p15
Presents an update on telecommunication carriers Sprint PCS and U.S. Cellular Corp. as of February 2003. Increase in the number of customers of Sprint PCS for the year 2002; Insight of Sprint into its Vision data service offering; Factors which caused the increase in Cellular's customers;...
- Carriers, Vendors Burn Through Quarter. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p21
Reports on the first-quarter of 2000 earnings of wireless communication carriers. Subscriber growth of Sprint PCS; Penetration rate of wireless communication in the United States; List of selected quarterly results of carriers; Companies that beat analysts' expectations.
- Wireless wreck on Wall Street. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on the performance of the wireless communication industry in the U.S. stock market in June 2002. Assessment of Merrill Lynch on the wireless industry; Financial information on Sprint PCS; Stock trading value of U.S. Cellular.
- Carriers report mixed results. // RCR Wireless News;10/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p16
Reports on the financial results of some cellular radio carriers in the U.S. for the third quarter of fiscal 2002. U.S. Cellular Corp.; Rogers AT&T Wireless company; Sprint PCS company.
- Following steps of major players, regionals grow in Q4. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p13
Presents information on the financial performance of several wireless telecommunication companies in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2004. Number of subscribers of U.S. Cellular Corp.; Increase in revenues of the affiliates of Sprint PCS.
- Company Overview. // Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis;Feb2007, p4
An overview of Sprint Nextel, a company that provides voice and data services through wireline and wireless networks, is presented. The company operates in the U.S. and employs an estimated 70,900 workers. Data presented includes the revenue and operating profits posted by the company in fiscal...
- Shentel reports rising wireless financials. // RCR Wireless News;7/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p7
Reports on an increase in the revenues and wireless subscribers of Sprint PCS affiliate Shenandoah Telecommunications Co. for the second quarter in 2005 in the U.S. Total number of customers; Comparison between the wireless revenues of the company in the quarter of 2005 and 2004; Value of the...