Nokia Refuses to Cut Prices
- REVIEWS: Wireless. Carnoy, David // Fortune;Summer2001 Special Issue, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p168
Evaluates the Nokia 8290 wireless telephone. Design; Key features; Service and support.
- Mind your mobile manners. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the guidelines for mobile phone courtesy which were established by mobile phone manufacturer Nokia and the city of San Diego, California. Statistics on the number of wireless phone users in the United States.
- Nokia begins GPRS sales in Europe. // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p23
Reports that Nokia Corp. has began shipping Global Radio Packet Service (GPRS) phones in Europe on September 28, 2001. Reason for the slow uptake of GPRS services in Europe; Percentage of decline in handset sales in Finland in September 2001.
- Nokia's N75 at AT&T: First step on American journey to establish brand value? Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p16
The article reports on the debut of Nokia Corp.'s new N75 mobile handset at AT&T. The Finnish handset vendor's first-quarter unit volume in North America hit 4.8 million, a more than 42% drop from the same period in 2006. Observers naturally focused on the N75, as with its predecessor, the...
- Ericsson R380 World. Carnoy, David // Fortune;Summer2001 Special Issue, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p166
Evaluates the Ericsson R380 World wireless telephone. Design; Key features; Service and support.
- MMS demos in China. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the demonstration presented by Nokia Corp. and Ericsson AB for multimedia messaging service technology with Chinese mobile operators. Discussion on how Nokia and Ericsson demonstrated the technology; Remarks from SmarTone chief executive Douglas Li.
- Handsets' Star Status. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p3
Offers a look at the wireless telephone handsets sold by several manufacturers. Worldwide sales of the Nokia company; Problems faced by the Motorola company; Standing of the Ericsson company in the industry; Plans of companies Motorola and Ericsson to increase their market share of mobile...
- Nokia revises sales projections for remainder of year. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p17
Reports that Nokia reduced its sales growth target for the second half of 2002. Decrease in the sales expectations; Number of phone models that should be shipped in 2002; Predictions for sales and earnings growth in 2003; Expected growth in handset sales in the second quarter.
- Nokia Defies Market Conditions, Surges Ahead. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on the sales growth for wireless phones and network equipment of Nokia as of April 2001. Net income reported by the company for the first quarter.