New Chips On The Table
- Motorola move to source handsets, semiconductors risky business. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p2
Analyzes the implications of the plan of Motorola Inc. to sell its semiconductor technology to any company including its rivals. Reason of Motorola for the plan; Speculations of analysts and telecommunication equipment competitors on the move of Motorola.
- Motorola now will share shelf space with Asians. Levine, Bernard; Guinther, Fred // Electronic News;10/27/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2191, p4
Reports on Motorola's change of policy which allows its major North American components distributor to carry an Asian manufactured semiconductor products on the same linecard with Motorola. Reason for the policy change explained by Steve Hanson of Motorola Semiconductor Products Group;...
- Motorola May Sell Automotive Unit. // Electronic News;9/19/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 38, pN.PAG
Speculates that Motorola Inc. is planning to sell its automotive products unit. Investment bank hired by the company to explore the plan of selling the unit; Information on the revenue of the unit in 2004; Total revenue posted by Motorola in 2004.
- Mergers don't work in the chip industry. // Electronics Weekly;10/11/2006, Issue 2260, p23
The article discusses why mergers do not succeed in the seminconductor industry. Leadership is said to be the reason behind the failure. As stated, semiconductor companies have to concentrate money, intellect and imagination to a sharply defined purpose, which does not work. A reference is made...
- Motorola struggles to offset slowing computer chip sales. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p30
Focuses on Motorola Inc., semiconductor manufacturer in Schaumburg, Illinois. Projections of semiconductor sales; Data on company sales; Strategies employed to cut down manufacturing costs; Uses of semiconductor products.
- Motorola semiconductor series Czech analog design center. Lineback, J. Robert // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p12
Reports on the setting up of an analog-circuit design center by Motorola Inc.'s Semiconductor Products Sector to tap engineering talent in former Czechoslovakia. Expansion plan in East Europe; Sales offices in Czechoslovakia; Manufacturing contracts for back-end assembly of discrete transistors;...
- Tianjin govt. OKs investment. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p42
Reports on the approval granted by the municipal government of Tianjin, China, to Motorola Inc.'s plan of investing in semiconductor manufacturing and telecommunications facilities in China.
- USA. // Solid State Technology;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p16
Presents news briefs from the semiconductor industry in the United States. Decision of Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector to indefinitely postpone the work in its Richmond, Virginia fabrication plant; Restructuring efforts of Applied Materials company; Licensing agreement between Mattson...
- They were warned. // Electronic News;09/22/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2186, p4
Reports on the attempts of Motorola Inc.'s Semiconductor Products sector (SPS) to avoid discussing with the press any issues concerning its fabrication capacity. Internal goals; Tremendous capacity in Southeast Asia; SPS's intention that the new M-CORE integrated device architecture is planned...