- The Hardest Job in the Business? Um, Sage // AiCIO News;2014, p1
In this article, the author discusses the difficulties in the career of chief investment officer (CIO). Topics discussed include creating strategic partnerships with the peers, job opportunity for CIO by the Municipal Employees' Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago (MEABF), and management of...
- Mercer: New changes, challenges ahead for DB plan sponsors. Todisco, Frank; Armant, Kevin // Employee Benefit News;Sep2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p84
The article focuses on the results of an annual review of retirement programs at Standard & Poor's 500 companies conducted by Mercer Human Resource Consulting regarding changes and challenges on defined benefit (DB) pension plan in the U.S. Benefit formulas, extent of coverage and options...
- Portfolio sizes increase as number of hirings decreases. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;5/1/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p121
Reveals that the number of United States defined benefit and defined contribution plan manager hirings decreased in 1999 as compared to 1998 figures. Leadership of independent investment manager firms in terms of number of hirings; Similarity of pattern of defined contribution plans to the...
- Investment Management Services. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jan2008, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p39
This article focuses on the International Foundation's Survey and Sample Series which include eight samples and 167 surveys responses submitted by members of the International Foundation and International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists. It says that 94% of defined benefit (DB)...
- Study: Pension plans help employee retention. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p28
Discusses a study by Diversified Investment Advisors Inc. indicating that the majority of United States employers offering a traditional pension plan, cash balance plan, or pension-equity plan believe their plan directly impacts employee retention. Percentage of plan sponsors with 25,000...
- Sunbeam Corp. `defrosts' and revamps pension plan. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;4/17/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p2
Reports on Sunbeam Corp.'s overhaul of its defined benefit pension plan. Merging of the Sunbeam and Coleman Co. plans into a single trust; Hiring of seven money managers.
- Process and proceed. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;9/10/2009, p31
In this article, the author reflects on financial advisers charging under group personal pensions (GPPs) in Great Britain. He points out that the cost of advice relating to employee benefits provision has been erroneously provided through commission. Moreover, he relates that if independent...
- HIGH HOPES. // Pensions & Investments;7/8/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p25
Presents a chart depicting corporate defined benefit fund sponsors based on expected long-term rate of return on assets in the U.S. Fair value of plan assets; Benefit obligation of the sponsors; Pension income as percentage of net corporate income.
- High-Return Era Ends for Many Big Public Funds. Diamond, Randy // Benefits Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p54
The article reports that large public defined benefit pension plans, which heavily invested in equities, registered small gains in market returns for the year ending June 30, 2015.