- True Value. Katz, Deena // Financial Planning;Jun2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p43
The article offers insights for financial advisors on how to attract potential clients. It emphasizes that clients do not want the services one offers, but the benefits those services will bring. It advises advisors to show their values in everything they do and say. It notes that it is...
- Differences Among Designations. Messuri, Phil // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the differences among financial advisors. Role of securities registered broker; Qualifications of a Certified Financial Planner; Information on financial professional with a Chartered Financial Consultant designation.
- TIAA-CREF to Expand Advisory Force by 45%. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p8
The article focuses on the plan of Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association - College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF) to expand its advisory force by 45% in the U.S. It states that TIAA-CREF will add about 200 advisers to have a total of more than 650 advisers in each advisory services...
- For Pensions, Active Investing Pays Off. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
Financial research and benchmarking provider CEM Benchmarking says its most recent report contains enough data to prove active investing is worthwhile for pension funds, if executed efficiently and effectively.
- TIAA-CREF Survey Reveals Individuals Are Missing Out on Savings and Tax Benefits of IRAs. // Insurance Broadcasting;3/28/2013, p21
The article reports on the survey conducted by Teacher Insurance & Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF) which revealed that 80% of the respondents said that they are not contributing to an individual retirement account. It says that individuals need to find the right...
- Protection principles. Jelley, Colin // Money Marketing;10/2/2008, p59
The article focuses on the cut-off date of the pre-A-Day pension funds on April 5, 2009 in Great Britain. According to the author, the next April would be the end of the tax year and the beginning of a new cycle of financial planning, but will also the date where clients are able to register...
- LETTERS. Bom, Robert; Craig, Bob; Denne, Matthew // Money Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p14
Presents letters to the editor about financial planners in Australia. Federal government's plan to introduce legislation to give employees under State Award systems superannuation choice of fund; Direct share ownership for financial planners; Decline in consumer complaints against financial...
- Choosing to do it yourself. Cotis, James // Money Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p28
Discusses factors to be considered by financial advisors when establishing a self-managed superannuation fund for a client in Australia. Appropriateness of the fund; Procedural steps to be followed when setting up a self-managed superannuation fund; Accreditation required for advisers.
- Keeping on top of SMSF compliance. Abbott, Grant // Money Management;4/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p30
Discusses the legal liability of financial planners who assume responsibility for a client's self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) in Australia. Primary responsibility of a trustee concerning compliance documentation; Planners' liability for any loss incurred in respect of an investment by the...