Ethics Consultation at a Large Urban Public Teaching Hospital
- Visual dashboard brings together key clinical data in ICU. Bazzoli, Fred // Healthdatamanagement.com;10/21/2016, p1
Memorial Hermann trauma care unit personnel can see visual representations of crucial patient information, speeding decision making and care choices.
- CCHMS--Overwhelming approval for new contract. // British Medical Journal;5/13/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6122, p1297
Presents discussions on the events of the Central Committee for Hospital Medical Services meeting in Great Britain. Discussions on contract proposals for consultants; Clarifications on additional notional half-days for consultants; Details on changes in the merit awards system.
- Comments on contract by CCHMS Negotiating Subcommittee. Grey-Turner, E. // British Medical Journal;5/13/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6122, p1300
Presents several comments on the contract proposals for consultants by the Central Committee for Hospital Medical Services Negotiating Subcommittee in Great Britain. Definitions on the notional half-days of consultants; Significance of recognizing unscheduled work; Discussions on emergency...
- Polytraumaversorgung auf der Intensivstation. Mann, V.; Mann, S.; Szalay, G.; Hirschburger, M.; Röhrig, R.; Dictus, C.; Wurmb, T.; Weigand, M. A.; Bernhard, M. // Anaesthesist;Aug2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p739
The treatment of severely injured trauma patients (polytrauma) is one of the outstanding challenges in medical care. Early in the initial course the patientâ€™s diagnostics have to be scrupulously reevaluated by an interdisciplinary team (tertiary trauma survey) to reduce deleterious...
- Trauma care inadequate in Britain. Dillner, Luisa // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/12/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6867, p1452
Reports the inadequacy of trauma care in Great Britain. Absence of intensive care units and equipments in major accident centers; Shortage of intermediate staff; Need to restructure the trauma service.
- Families' Perception of the Value of Timed Daily "Family Rounds" in a Trauma ICU. Mangram, Alicia J.; McCauley, T.; Villarreal, D.; Berne, J.; Howard, D.; Dolly, A.; Norwood, S. // American Surgeon;Oct2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p886
Daily communications between the ICU trauma patients' families and the trauma team are often limited due to the unpredictable nature of subsequent patient admissions and operative procedures. In order to improve the lines of family-physician communication and educate residents regarding family...
- REGISTROS DE ENFERMAGEM NO CONTROLE DO BALANÃ‡O HÃDRICO. Paz de Oliveira, Shérida Karanini; Cavalcante Guedes, Maria Vilaní; Teixeira Lima, Francisca Elisângela // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;1/1/2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p63
Objective: to analyze the nursing records made in the hydric balance of hospitalized patients. Methods: this is about a documental study, performed at the intensive care unit of a public hospital in Fortaleza, CearÃ¡. We analyzed 16 charts of patients hospitalized for at least three days,...
- OUTCOME OF ECLAMPSIA IN PATIENTS ADMITTED TO ICU AT A TERTIARY CARE TEACHING HOSPITAL. Jamil, Muhammad; Abbasi, Munir Ahmad; Zaman, Haidar // Khyber Medical University Journal;12/31/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p203
OBJECTIVE: To determine the outcome of eclampsia patients admitted to intensive care unit (ICU) of Ayub Teaching Hospital, Abbottabad. METHODOLOGY: This retrospective descriptive study was carried out at the ICU of Ayub Teaching Hospital, Abbottabad, Pakistan. Case records of all patients...
- Electronic communication in ethics committees: experience and challenges. Eiser, Arnold R.; Schade, Stanley G.; Anderson-Shaw, Lisa; Murphy, Timothy // Journal of Medical Ethics;Apr2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p30
Experience with electronic communication in ethics committees at two hospitals is reviewed and discussed. A listserver of ethics committee members transmitted a synopsis of the ethics consultation shortly after the consultation was initiated. Committee comments were sometimes incorporated into...