- Section 8. Nuclear energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Dec97, p103
Presents an overview of statistical data focusing on the use of nuclear energy. Information on nuclear power plants operations; Number of nuclear generating units during 1973 to 1997.
- CSNI Technical Opinion Papers. // OECD Papers;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p1
Presents the Nuclear Energy Agency's Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations' opinion papers. Fire probabilistic safety assessment for nuclear power plants; Seismic probabilistic safety assessment for nuclear facilities.
- The Royal Society backs The Engineer's call for new nuclear build. Coppinger, Rob // Engineer (00137758);2/21/2003, Vol. 291 Issue 7621, p11
Suggests the building of additional nuclear power stations in Great Britain. Government plans for existing nuclear stations; Energy shortfall the could results from the lack of nuclear power.
- Nuclear power's burdened future. Flavin, Christopher // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug1987, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the impending collapse of the United States nuclear construction business during the late 1980s. Reasons for the failure of the United States nuclear power program, which ranks as the largest managerial disaster in business history; Dependence of nuclear program on political...
- Average cost of new U.S. nuclear power plant. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug1987, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p28
Presents a graph which shows the average cost of new U.S. nuclear power plant from 1970 to 1985.
- Nuclear programme revived. // Modern Power Systems;Dec96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p7
Focuses on the Indian government's decision to revive its nuclear power program with plans to build a series of power units.
- Storing Excess Plutonium. Ortiz, Steve // Journal of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management;Spring2010, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the article "Nuclear Help Desperately Wanted," another on plutonium materials and interest of nuclear energy, and technology skyrocketing development.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Sep2001, p109
Presents several charts and graphs on nuclear electricity generation in the U.S. in June 2001. Percentage of operable nuclear generating units in the country; Nuclear power plant operations; Construction of nuclear utility units.
- fast facts. // Earthwise;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
No abstract available.
- Sellafield: The Ugly Duckling. Forwood, Martin // Ecologist;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p417
Highlights the Sellafield nuclear plant site operated by British Nuclear Fuels PLC. Criticism on the recycling of nuclear energy at Sellafield nuclear power plant; Discussion on nuclear waste management and disposal in Great Britain; Health effects of nuclear waste contamination.