Vivendi Universal Publishing Begins Instructing Houghton Mifflin On Life In Gay Paree
- Vivendi Chairman Says HM Not for Sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decision of Agnes Touraine, president of Vivendi Universal Publishing, to keep Houghton Mifflin Co. (HM) within the Vivendi family. Speculation on the sale of HM: Distribution agreement with Simon & Schuster.
- Gieskes Tabbed CEO of HM. // Publishers Weekly;6/17/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 24, p9
Announces that Hans Gieskes was named chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal Publishing in June 2002. Predecessor of Gieskes; Career highlights.
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...
- HM gains in '97, cautious about '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p17
Reports on sales at Houghton Mifflin (HM) in 1997 and forecasts for sales in 1998. Increase in 1997 sales; Comments from chairman Nader Darehshori; Sales in 1998 only increasing modestly; Reduced adoption opportunities; Sales in its school division; HM's investment plans for the year.
- Houghton Mifflin projects 10% growth in '99. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p28
Reports on publishing firm Houghton Mifflin Co.'s sales projections for 1999. Optimistic sales outlook due to increased adoption opportunities and additional funding for educational and assessment materials; Amount of operating loss sustained in 1997; Acquisition of Computer Adaptive...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p2
Reports on Vivendi Universal Publishing's revenues as of December 2002. Amount of revenue; Percentage of the pro forma operating income.
- Sales Up 8% at HM, Income Dips. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the earnings posted by Houghton Mifflin for 1998. Revenues and operating income of the company; Publishing groups which posted gains in the year; Sales of other segment of Houghton Mifflin.