- Cable, not Wireless? // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p15
Reports that Cable & Wireless has announced a strategy for the expansion of its global telecommunications network. Key elements of the firm's expansion initiative; Efforts of the firm to establish more coherent links among its global assets; Withdrawal of the firm from the mobile market.
- Calling all multinationals. // Network World;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p10
Reports on Cable & Wireless PLC's launching of its Global Intelligent Virtual Network, a global private network service for multinational corporations with high volumes of international voice and switched data traffic.
- Cable & Wireless sells three units. // RCR;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p97
Reports that three business units was agreed to be sold to GN Comtext by Cable and Wireless public limited company. Names of the three groups to be sold; When the transactions is expected to be completed.
- Caribbean nations to phase out monopolies. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p109
Reports on the agreement between five Caribbean nations and Cable & Wireless PLC on a phased dismantling of the company's monopoly. Implication for competition; Withdrawal of Cable & Wireless of the threat to pull out of Saint Lucia; Basis of the agreement.
- C&W services bask in sunshine state. // Telephony;03/10/97, Vol. 232 Issue 10, p50
Reports on the launching of Cable and Wireless PLC's local and long-distance service to businesses in Tampa, Orlando and Miami, Florida in March 1997.
- Untitled. // Telephony;8/2/93, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p13
Reports on various developments in the telecommunication industry. Creation of Cable & Wireless Inc. by Cable & Wireless plc of the United Kingdom; Signing of memorandum of understanding by ten companies participating in the undersea project Fiber Optic Link Around the Globe (FLAG); GTE...
- Cable & Wireless hit 2M subs in '97. // RCR;02/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p102
Reports that Cable and Wireless plc mobile telecommunications subscriber sales was aided by the 1997 holiday season. Amount the company has in shares; Percentage interest the company has in Optus, a Australian telecom operator; Information on the business ventures of the company.
- C&W diversifies in California. // Telephony;10/14/96, Vol. 231 Issue 16, p12
Announces Cable & Wireless' introduction of a combined local and long-distance service for its customers in Los Angeles and the San Jose/Silicon Valley region.
- Media choice. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign;09/26/97, Issue 39, p20
Features the Cable & Wireless press, poster and television work that saturated the British market.