- Chapter 7. Teaching and Learning Basic Invasion-Game Tactics in 4th Grade: A Descriptive Study From Situated and Constraints Theoretical Perspectives. Rovegno, Inez; Nevett, Michael; Brock, Sheri; Babiarz, Matthew // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p370
Focuses on the description of invasion-game tactics using theoretical perspective. Implication of the content, instruction and learning; Recognition of the qualitative data; Identification of the high-ability and low-ability group.
- What's your learning style? // Current Health 1;Oct96 1 of 2, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p23
Describes a variety of learning styles. Visual learning; Aural learning; Cooperative learning; Highlights of a teacher-students discussion on learning styles.
- Alignment and gategory learning. Lassaline, Mary E.; Murphy, Gregory L. // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jan1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p144
Presents information on a series of studies which shows that alignment is involved in category learning. Details on the experiments; Results of the experiments; Discussion on the experiments.
- Dynamic changes in hypermnesia across early and late tests; A relation/item-specific account. McDaniel, Mark A.; Moore, Brent A.; Whiteman, Howard L. // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jan1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p173
Presents information on experiments which tested predictions derived from R.R.Hunt, and M.A.McDaniel's relational/item-specific account of hypermnesia. Methodology of the experiments; Results of the experiments; Discussion on the experiments.
- Influences of temporal organization on sequence learning and transfer: Comments on Stadler (1995).. Dominey, Peter Ford // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jan1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p234
Investigates the hypothesis that both the serial order of events and their temporal organization influence the internal representation of a sequence and thus influence its learnability. Methodology of the investigation; Results of the investigation; Discussion on the investigation.
- Expanding community resources: A collaborative effort... Segura, Tina // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
Features the Horace Mann Neighborhood Center a school-based neighborhood learning center in Denver, Colorado. Purpose and beneficiaries of the learning center; Sources of the funds to develop the center; Services offered by learning center. INSET: Neighborhood Center Contributors..
- The pace of instructional presentation, non-linear systems, effectiveness of cognitive processing... Reilly, David H. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep98, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p151
Discusses critical and interrelated variables related to learning effectiveness. Inter-related nature of the variables as they affect learning; Information on a formula for estimating expected learning level; Discussion on the additional factors related to the variables.
- The role of pictures in learning biology : Part 2, picture-text processing. Reid, David // Journal of Biological Education;Winter90, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p251
Examines the complex interactions between picture, text, and learner. Cognitive process in picture-text processing; Type of learning enhanced by pictures; Relationship between difficulty of text and presence or absence of picture; Ability, motivation, and picture superiority effect.
- The importance of new learning. Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the importance of new learning. Phenomenon of generativity; Role of early classroom experiences in receptiveness to new learning; How to develop receptiveness to new learning.
- School stores pay off in valuable skills. Cornick, Tim; Clodfelter, Richard // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan97, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p42
Discusses how applied learning can take place in a school store. Author's experiences; Benefits for students.