- Mean what you say. Murphy, Brian // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p63
Presents information on the components that should be in a company's mission statement. Customer needs; Management philosophy.
- Mission possible. Bart, Christopher K. // CA Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p33
Opinion. Looks at how mission statements in companies and employees reaction to the statements. Reference to a survey by Bain and Company; Questionnaire on mission statements; Importance of mission statements.
- Mission matters. Bart, Christopher K. // CA Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p31
Looks at the concepts of mission statements on the success of a business. Benefits of mission statements; Reference to General Electric's statement; Listing of several items that are associated with the performance of businesses; What mission statements should focus on. INSET: Not all mission...
- Mission matters. Bart, Christopher K.; Burke, John F. // CPA Journal;Aug98, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p56
Describes the characteristics of a good mission statement. Identification of the organization's competitive strategy; Components of a good mission statement; Expression of intent to satisfy the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholder groups.
- Mission statement is a valuable marketing tool. Porter, Monroe // Contractor Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p38
States that having a mission statement is an `in' corporate project aimed at improving market strategies and service performance. Suggestion that a good mission statement should articulate a business; Benefits to be derived from mission statements; Information suggesting that mission statements...
- Mission statements--how to make them work for you. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;1/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on mission statements which are used to remind employees of what we need to do to make us worth the money we make. What a mission statement should be specific about; List of `Seven Principles of Business News Publishing'; Types of mission statements from various companies. INSET: Count...
- Making the organizational mission statement work for the... Simpson, Edwin; McConocha, Diane // Supervision;Mar91, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the importance of mission statement in a company. Views of Northwestern University professor Philip Kotler about the significant role of mission statement in a company; Example of a poor mission statement; Benefits for the supervisor who grasps the significance of mission statement;...
- Linking purpose and people. Cox, Allan // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p67
Focuses on the importance of a mission statement that identifies the company's root values and establishes a purpose for all employees to experience. Characteristics of an effective mission statement; Difference between corporate vision and mission; Questions that must be answered by the...
- `That vision thing'--the key to sustainable competitive advantage. Giordan, Judith C. // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
Asserts that vision is the key to sustainable competitive advantage. Need for the vision to come down from top management; Inputs from qualified sources; Techniques in creating a vision; Market-oriented technology; Market development.
- Weighing the merits of vision and mission statements. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Personnel Journal;Apr96, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p158
Presents the answers of two executives to a question on the relationship between mission and vision statements. Definitions of and differences between vision and mission statements.