Businesses find appeal in donating staff volunteers
- The gift of volunteerism for the holidays. // Malakoff News (TX);11/19/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 46, p8B
The article discusses volunteerism as a gift to be made on the holiday season of Thanksgiving and Christmas to nonprofit organization in lieu of making a financial donation during these times of economic recovery.
- Conservative, caring and charitable. Palmer, Kevin // Wentzville Journal;7/24/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 59, pA5
In this article, the author draws a parallel on his volunteer work at the local charity FISH food pantry and on his belief in conservative values.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // St. Charles Journal;8/29/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 35, pB1
This section offers community news briefs for St. Charles and St. Peter counties in Missouri as of August 29, 2012 including a day spent by the Fort Zumwalt North High School football team working for the charity Habitat for Humanity, the Fort Zumwalt School District's search for volunteer...
- Comments posted on thirdsector.co.uk. // Third Sector;7/12/2011, Issue 668, p14
The article presents some comments from readers on news items related to the voluntary sector, which were posted on the Web site, thirdsector.co.uk.
- Participation in Philanthropic Activities: Donating Money and Time. Bryant, W. Keith; Jeon-Slaughter, Haekyung; Hyojin Kang; Tax, Aaron // Journal of Consumer Policy;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p43
The 1994 Independent Sector Survey of Giving and Volunteering conducted by the Gallup Organization was used to study the propensities with which people are solicited for money or time as well as the probabilities that people will volunteer time or donate money or property, given they have been...
- 8 new (easy!) ways for you to give back. Seymour, Lesley Jane // Redbook;May2001, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p24
Introduces a series of articles which deals with charity works and volunteering.
- See the Need. DeMille, Oliver // Personal Excellence Essentials;Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p15
The article encourages people to assume independent action such as charity, volunteer service and social entrepreneurship to fill in the tasks the government and economic markets cannot fulfill.
- Give Guide. COX, KATHERINE // Santa Fe Reporter;12/5/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 49, p10
The article cites various charitable organizations in Santa Fe, New Mexico where one can do volunteer work which include Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern New Mexico, the Esperanza for Battered Families and The Food Depot.
- SUMMER PROJECT. // Children's Ministry;May/Jun2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p57
The article offers information on the Rice Bowl project.
- Campaign for philanthropy. Hudson, Sophie // Third Sector;1/10/2012, Issue 689, p5
The article reports on the scheduled launch of the national campaign, Give Me More, by the group, the Pears Foundation, in Great Britain in the spring of 2012 to encourage individuals to provide more time, money and energy to charity.