- Using past behaviour as a guide to potential. Fletcher, Clive // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p48
Examines the efficacy of interviews based on preset questions in the first of a column on assessment and selection. Employers' approaches to recruitment interviews; Types of structured interviews adopted by many organizations in assessing applicants' competencies; Objectives of such type of...
- The art and science of conducting a job interview. Messmer, Max // Business Credit;Feb95, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p35
Presents a guide on how to conduct a job interview. Analysis of a applicant's resume; Accuracy of information in the resume; Interview categories; General interviewing techniques; Mistakes interviewers commonly make; Establishment of a rating system based on candidate's qualifications.
- Red-flag interviews. Osborne, Lance R. // CA Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on interviewing job applicants. Observance of interview etiquette; Reasons for career changes; Resume continuity and context; Motivation; References.
- Interview questions you should ask. Cantore, Jean Ann // Career World;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p20
Advises that it is a good idea to ask relevant questions during a job interview. Types of questions to ask; Importance of being flexible with inquiries; Questions to avoid during interview.
- Interview bloopers. Brown, Aneeta // Career World;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p22
Presents tips on how to handle job interviews. Importance for enthusiasm for the job; Effects of the physical appearance of job applicants; Videotaping of job interviews.
- The interview. Sitley, Alicia Montecal // Career World;Feb96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p10
Offers tips on how to handle job interviews. Interviewer's attitude; Acting like a teammate; Proper grooming; How to prepare for an interview.
- Off limits! // Career World;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p2
Lists questions in a job interview that need not be answered. Includes marital status; Racial or ethnic group; Disabilities; How to get to work.
- What you need to know adout pre-employment tests. Smith, Greg // Career World;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Presents information on pre-employment tests which are used during the hiring process for a job. Reference to the honesty tests; Information on the aptitude tests; Details on the job-simulation tests. INSET: Tips for test--takers..
- Moments of truth in the interview process. Farr, John // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p58
Presents interview interactions that can weed out poor candidates early and evaluate qualified candidates. Indication of the employee's treatment of his former boss; Mismatching of job duties; Career surfers; Compensation mismatch; Low past accomplishments and contributions.
- Use interview techniques to find high-potential employees. Moustafa, Karen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/16/98, Issue 322265, p27
Opinion. Offers tips in interviewing high potential employees. Includes the use of the job description as basis of the interview; Requirement of two or three references; Avoidance of the use of verbalization as a key to work efficiency.