Target changes imminent
- UK meets the challenge of a highly qualified workforce. // Adults Learning;Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p246
Reports on a study by the National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets which collaborates Great Britain's target for higher-level skills. Availability of the report `The Target for Higher Level Skills in an International Context,' by N. Jagger, S. Morris and R. Pearson on the...
- Target practice needed. // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p11
Reports that the British National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets (NACETT) has urged business enterprises to assist in the attainment of national education and training targets. Urging for cooperation with local councils; Lifetime target three.
- Exam success masks shortage of key skills. Merrick, Neil // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p14
Reports that the British government will publish a consultation paper in response to a warning by the National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets (Nacett) about the national training targets. Plans of the government to consult employers and training providers; Targets which the...
- Keeping MRFs safe and sound Harris, Sydney M. // World Wastes;Feb1996, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p47
No abstract available.
- Organizations spend $58.6 billion on training. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reports that training budget in American organizations increased by five percent in 1997 as compared to 1996 figures. Expectation of continuous investments in training and development in 1998.
- Employee development. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p10
Shares the development of employees in various businesses in Great Britain. Training for employees of Front-line Royal Mail; Professional qualification by the British Institute of Facilities; Scheme funded by Devon and Cornwall for tourism employees.
- Courses round-up. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p43
Shares the training courses aimed at employees and executives in Great Britain. Building winning teams; Skills for health and safety managers; Foundation course for trainers.
- Training at board level is a vital issue for business. Littlefield, David // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p16
Reports about the themes, importance of discussing training in the boardroom and the benefits of training emerged from the third annual conference of the former ITD London branch. Comments from Personnel and Development (IPD) president Mike Bett about the importance of training; Way of...
- Employee development. // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Discusses various issues regarding employees' training and development in Great Britain. Findings of the Industrial Society survey on the training budgets of different companies; Features of the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)-based training for bus drivers with GM Buses North in...