Disability rights shake-up
- Calling on America. // Education & Treatment of Children (ETC);Nov91, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p375
Focuses on the Calling on America campaign to stop discrimination against people with disabilities. Features of the campaign; Recommended actions for people wishing to join the campaign; Contact information.
- The impact of disability. Exten-Wright, Jonathan; Matthewsa, Paul // Cabinet Maker;1/5/2007, Issue 5519, p15
The article offers instructions to employers in Great Britain on how to avoid being made liable for discrimination against a disabled employee which can lead to unlimited awards of compensation. INSET: Liability matters.
- Access for the disabled in the surgery. Barran, Paul // GP: General Practitioner;3/18/2002, p40
Discusses provisions in the Disability Discrimination Act related to discrimination of disabled people in Great Britain. Aim of the act to provide good customer care service; Year in which the act was introduced; Groups of people covered under the act; Need for disability training of staff...
- Complaints filed against NYC theaters. // ASHA;Jan94, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p11
Reveals that the Disability Law Center of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest has filed complaints with the United States Department of Justice against 34 movie theaters and off-Broadway theaters in New York that do not allow persons with hearing loss to enjoy their productions. Campaign...
- Bashing the disabled. Wolfe, Kathi // Progressive;Nov95, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the persistence of discrimination against disabled persons in the United States. Discrimination as a form of hate crime; Nature of hate crimes against disabled; Other policies detrimental to the plight of disabled persons; Call for the organization of the disabled community. INSET:...
- The Dilemma of Double Discrimination. Giteck, Lenny // Advocate;5/17/78, Issue 241, p14
Reports on the discrimination against handicapped gay people in the U.S. Experiences of handicapped gays with double discrimination; Efforts by handicapped gays to combat discrimination.
- Woolly wheeze shuck out by EAT. // Personnel Today;2/10/2009, p40
A blog regarding an employee at the company Jobcentre Plus, who claimed disability discrimination is discussed.
- No computer = discrimination. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Not Everyone Wants a Computer" in the May/June 2014 issue.
- New research on inaccessible public transport. // Access by Design;Autumn2012, Issue 132, p2
The article reports on the national campaign called A2B For All which is run by Unity Law, which focuses on disability discrimination on public transport in Great Britain.