Socio-economic differences in life expectancy among persons with diabetes mellitus or myocardial infarction: results from the German MONICA/KORA study
- Behavioral determinants of cardiovascular diseases risk factors: A qualitative directed content analysis. Sabzmakan, Leila; Morowatisharifabad, Mohammad Ali; Mohammadi, Eesa; Mazloomy-Mahmoodabad, Seid Saied; Rabiei, Katayoun; Naseri, Mohammad Hassan; Shakibazadeh, Elham; Mirzaei, Masoud // ARYA Atherosclerosis;Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p71
BACKGROUND: The PRECEDE model is a useful tool for planers to assess health problems, the behavioral and environmental causes of the problems, and their determinants. This study aims to understand the experiences of patients and health care providers about the behavioral causes of cardiovascular...
- Knowing when the end is in sight. Kerse, Ngaire // New Zealand Doctor;12/1/2010, p33
In the article, the author discusses the end of life care. She claims that various medical conditions like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and diabetes, as well as frailty affect life expectancy. She says that living well is more important for older people than living longer. She...
- FREQUENCY OF CONVENTIONAL RISK FACTORS OF MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION IN GULAB DEVI CHEST HOSTPITAL. IQBAL, U. J.; KALEEM, M.; IQBAL, N.; HANIF, M. I.; HANIF, A. // Biomedica;Sep2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
Background: Acute myocardial infarction (M.I) is potentially critical and the most common cardiac emergency presenting to a hospital. Having significant mortality and morbidity cardiovascular risk factors are on the rise in Pakistan. In view of the associated lower survival ischemic heart...
- Estimating diabetes and diabetes-free life expectancy in Mexico and seven major cities in Latin America and the Caribbean. Andrade, Flavia // Pan American Journal of Public Health;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p9
Objectives. To estimate diabetes and diabetes-free life expectancy in seven major cities in Latin America and the Caribbean, plus Mexico as a whole. Methods. Data from the Survey on Health, Well-being, and Aging in Latin America and the Caribbean (n = 10 602) and the Mexican Health and Aging...
- Obesidad materna: severo problema de salud pÃºblica en Chile. Farías, Marcelo // Revista Chilena de Obstetricia y GinecologÃa;nov/dic2013, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p409
No abstract available.
- Health insider. Worthington, Jane // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);9/5/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 36, p78
The article offers several health tips including tips on sound sleep, heart attack, and prostate cancer.
- The quality of Indigenous identification in administrative health data in Australia: insights from studies using data linkage. Thompson, Sandra C.; Woods, John A.; Katzenellenbogen, Judith M. // BMC Medical Informatics & Decision Making;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p133
Background: Missing or incorrect Indigenous status in health records hinders monitoring of Indigenous health indicators. Linkage of administrative data has been used to improve the ascertainment of Indigenous status. Data linkage was pioneered in Western Australia (WA) and is now being used in...
- IN BRIEF. // Occupational Health;Apr2009, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses public health news in Great Britain. A study by the Department for Work and Pensions found that healthy life expectancy for people over 65 has increased. The British Medical Association rejected a proposal to tax chocolate to help prevent obesity. The number of bariatric...
- More good news about diuretics. // Drug Topics;7/11/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the findings from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial showing the protective effects against heart attack of diuretics in patients with diabetes.