Halifax makes first move to all-weekend banking
- Better as a bank? Moore, Philip // Director;Jun96, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p50
Questions whether Halifax, Great Britain's biggest building society, is better off as a bank. Belief concerning the primacy of full competency in financial services company; Initial public offering; Problem with having too much money; Mortgage lending in Britain.
- Halifax reviews ...35m DM brief. Stuart, Liz // Marketing Week;10/30/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p13
Reports on Halifax's review of its direct marketing business in Great Britain. Comments from assistant general manager of customer communications Mike Lavender; Status of the company's relationship with Bates Communication.
- Winners and losers in the pay stakes. // Credit Management;Nov2002, p14
Cites a study by Halifax showing that professional athletes and barristers have enjoyed the biggest percentage increases in pay since 1992. Number of occupations surveyed over 10 years; Average earnings for dispensing chemists and playgroup leaders; Number of occupations earning twice the...
- Gateway is opened by under 250. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p3
Reports on the government's savings gateway scheme piloted by Halifax Corp. in Great Britain. Overview of the scheme; Number of people involved in the scheme; Benefits of the pilot scheme.
- Check your storm cover, says Halifax. Gallagher, Rosemary // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p8
Reports on special deals and assistance offered by the Halifax Corp. for people trying to buy their first home. First-time-buyer mortgages; Housing insurance; Cashback offered by Halifax which can help with the cost of its mortgage valuation report.
- Dual controls. Bolton, Michael; Smith, Stephen; Richardson, Anthony // Money Marketing;3/28/2002, p55
Presents a panel discussion on mortgages in Great Britain. Decision of Halifax to pay out only to customers it had received complainants from; Level of complaints on mortgages; Reactions to buy-to-let mortgages not being covered by regulation.
- Halifax to refund valuation costs for failed purchases. Thomas, Paul // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);6/25/2012, p5
The article reports that lending firm Halifax has decided to refund valuation costs to some mortgage applicants.
- U Bonus of Â£600 for FTBs who save with Halifax. // Mortgage Strategy;8/8/2011, p10
The article informs that first-time buyers are being offered 600 pound reward by Halifax for a deposit using an account with the lender.
- Minority interest. Merrick, Neil // People Management;11/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p52
Focuses on the Fair's Fair diversity program of Halifax company in its business centers in Great Britain. Aim of the diversity program; Increase in the proportion of ethnic minorities and disabled people working at Halifax; Components of the Fair's Fair program. INSET: CONFIDENCE TO CLIMB THE...