- Blowout. Santow, Dan // Men's Health;Nov93, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p42
Discusses one of the more common male afflictions, the hernia. What it is; How it occurs; What to do after you've been diagnosed; Advice from hernia specialist Hugh Hallam, M.D., chief surgeon at the Shouldice Hospital in Toronto; Surgical options for treatment; Standard repair; Shouldice...
- Whom do you truss? // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct93, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p20
Cites an article on the causes and treatment of hernia, from `The British Journal of Sports Medicine.' Characteristics of hernial pain; Weakness in the lower abdominal wall; Surgery as the best treatment; Percentage of recovery from surgery in a study which involved 14 men and one woman.
- Gut-check time. Pesmen, Curtis // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul98, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p105
Presents information on hernias. How to test for a hernia; How hernias are diagnosed; Detection of hernias; Who are at risk of having a hernia. INSET: The scope vs. scalpel debate.
- Time-resolved assessment of collateral flow using 4D CT angiography in large-vessel occlusion stroke. Frölich, Andreas; Wolff, Sarah; Psychogios, Marios; Klotz, Ernst; Schramm, Ramona; Wasser, Katrin; Knauth, Michael; Schramm, Peter // European Radiology;Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p390
Objectives: In acute stroke patients with large vessel occlusion, collateral blood flow affects tissue fate and patient outcome. The visibility of collaterals on computed tomography angiography (CTA) strongly depends on the acquisition phase, but the optimal time point for collateral imaging is...
- Wrapping the visceral sac into a bilateral mesh prosthesis in groin hernia repair. Stoppa, René E. // Hernia;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p163
Presents a correction to the article "Wrapping the visceral sac into a bilateral mesh prosthesis in groin hernia repair," that was previously published in the journal.
- 'Steakhouse syndrome' in a man with a lower esophageal ring and a hiatal hernia. Belafsky, Peter C.; Postma, Gregory N.; Koufman, James A. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p102
Presents a case of a man with a lower esophageal ring and a hiatal hernia. Symptoms; Treatment.
- Typical and atypical presentations. Patel, Narendra // GP: General Practitioner;9/23/2002, p52
Identifies different types of granuloma and hernia. Lesion associated with granuloma annulare; Rarity of complications in umbilical hernia; Symptoms observed in a patient with a large para-umbilical hernia.
- Intrathoracic perforation of hiatus hernia. Stilwell, John H. // British Medical Journal;8/26/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6137, p605
Examines the intrathoracic perforation of hiatus hernia. Importance of increase in intraabdominal pressure; Presence of a non-tender irreducible right femoral hernia; Rarity of obstruction or torsion of the stomach in the hernial sac.
- exomphalos. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p827
An encyclopedia entry for "exomphalos" is presented.