- Blowout. Santow, Dan // Men's Health;Nov93, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p42
Discusses one of the more common male afflictions, the hernia. What it is; How it occurs; What to do after you've been diagnosed; Advice from hernia specialist Hugh Hallam, M.D., chief surgeon at the Shouldice Hospital in Toronto; Surgical options for treatment; Standard repair; Shouldice...
- Whom do you truss? // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct93, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p20
Cites an article on the causes and treatment of hernia, from `The British Journal of Sports Medicine.' Characteristics of hernial pain; Weakness in the lower abdominal wall; Surgery as the best treatment; Percentage of recovery from surgery in a study which involved 14 men and one woman.
- Gut-check time. Pesmen, Curtis // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul98, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p105
Presents information on hernias. How to test for a hernia; How hernias are diagnosed; Detection of hernias; Who are at risk of having a hernia. INSET: The scope vs. scalpel debate.
- Ultrasound detection of visceral adhesion after intraperitoneal ventral hernia treatment: A comparative study of protected versus unprotected meshes. Arnaud, J. P.; Hennekinne-Mucci, S.; Pessaux, P.; Tuech, J. J.; Aube, C. // Hernia;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p164
Presents a correction to the article "Ultrasound detection of visceral adhesion after intraperitoneal ventral hernia treatment: A comparative study of protected versus unprotected meshes," that was previously published in the journal.
- Wrapping the visceral sac into a bilateral mesh prosthesis in groin hernia repair. Stoppa, René E. // Hernia;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p163
Presents a correction to the article "Wrapping the visceral sac into a bilateral mesh prosthesis in groin hernia repair," that was previously published in the journal.
- 'Steakhouse syndrome' in a man with a lower esophageal ring and a hiatal hernia. Belafsky, Peter C.; Postma, Gregory N.; Koufman, James A. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p102
Presents a case of a man with a lower esophageal ring and a hiatal hernia. Symptoms; Treatment.
- Typical and atypical presentations. Patel, Narendra // GP: General Practitioner;9/23/2002, p52
Identifies different types of granuloma and hernia. Lesion associated with granuloma annulare; Rarity of complications in umbilical hernia; Symptoms observed in a patient with a large para-umbilical hernia.
- Intrathoracic perforation of hiatus hernia. Stilwell, John H. // British Medical Journal;8/26/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6137, p605
Examines the intrathoracic perforation of hiatus hernia. Importance of increase in intraabdominal pressure; Presence of a non-tender irreducible right femoral hernia; Rarity of obstruction or torsion of the stomach in the hernial sac.
- exomphalos. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p827
An encyclopedia entry for "exomphalos" is presented.