- NEWS at CP. // Traffic World;11/29/99, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p34
Reports the test implementation of the policy of acknowledging a job well done instead of disciplining workers by the Canadian Pacific Railway. Facilitation of the test to evaluate the effect of the New Equitable Workplace System on employee performance; Suspension of workers as a traditional...
- Railroad Unemployment Insurance. Riche, Martha F. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov67, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p9
Explores the benefits of the railroad unemployment insurance (RUI). Appraisal of railroad unemployment; Importance of RUI to railroad workers; Identification of employees to become beneficiaries.
- Workin' on the railroad. // Essence (Essence);Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p155
Reports that A. Philip Randolph/Pullman Porter Museum Gallery in Chicago is exhibiting the history of the Black American railroad workers. Historical background of the Pullman Co. railroad workers; Museum's launching of surviving Pullman porters registry.
- Returning railroad retirees face pension cut. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p39
Reports that pension benefits to retired railroad workers will be lost temporarily if they return to work according to the United States Railroad Retirement Board. Details on pension benefits; Reasons for the issuing of the notice from the board; Employee cuts by railroads.
- United. Allen, Chaz // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/17/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p2
The article focuses on the real story on the famed railroad executives Durant and Stanford in which photographs were taken while driving their sledgehammers and missed the spike while two construction supervisors took the sledgehammers, drove the spike which united the country.
- Rail cutbacks looming. CoIeman, John // Green Left Weekly;5/13/2009, Issue 794, p5
The article reports that the Cityrail management of the New South Wales government is planning to reduce the railway frontline staff by one-third despite the 5.7% passenger increase in 2008.
- Positions of safety ignored at Cheshunt Jn. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/7/2011, Issue 387, p10
The article reports that Network Rail track worker was injured seriously at Cheshunt Junction in England despite the warning from the train driver.
- Tube personnel boss rails against union's hard line. Overell, Stephen // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the accusation of Ann Burfutt against National Union of Rail (RMT) rail workers union on its claim for a six percent pay rise. Account on the strikes done by rail workers; Settlement agreement of RMT strikers; Comments of Wilf Proudfoot, union's assistant general secretary about the...
- Pregnant Mother with Five Children Evicted. Maurova, Liudmila // Russian Politics & Law;May/Jun2001, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p78
Reports on the suggestion that a monument be built to memoralize railroad workers killed by the state machinery of despotism and repression in Murom. Number of victims; The monument that now stands honoring the victims; Where the proposed monument would be built.