S&P, Moody's Upgrade Detroit Development Agency Debt
- Detroit closes on $148.1M in development bonds. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;05/17/99, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p34
Reports on Detroit Economic Development Corp.'s issuance of a $125.5 million in taxable revenue bonds and $22.6 million in tax-exempt revenue bonds for industrial developments in Rivertown, Detroit, Michigan.
- Detroit OKs RZ Bond Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33353, p7
The article reports on the approval of the inducement resolution by the Detroit Economic Development Corp. to issue 15 million dollars worth of recovery zone facility bonds to fund the construction of the new medical office building in Michigan.
- Motown Center deadline extended by city agency. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p2
Motown Center Detroit USA received a 15 month extension last week from the Detroit Economic Development Corp. to develop a museum, educational and entertainment complex at Woodward Avenue and the Fisher Freeway, site of the long empty Motown office building. Under the agreement, Motown has until...
- MNP to invest $4m in Detroit plant. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;3/13/95, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the plan of MNP Corporation to convert its steel-processing unit in Detroit into a manufacturing plant. Details about the business of MNP Corporation; Information about the assistance from Detroit Economic Development Corporation for the plan.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p42
The article presents information on several developments related to business in the U.S. It states that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has approved the sale of Novi, Michigan based Tower Automotive Inc.'s assets to Cerberus Capital Management L.P. It discusses...
- New chief says Port Authority will focus on maritime issues. SHEA, BILL // Crain's Detroit Business;10/6/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p0047
The article reports on the plan of John Loftus, executive director of Detroit/Wayne County Port Authority in Michigan, to focus the agency's efforts on maritime operations as of October 2014. Topics covered include the replacement of John Jamian by Loftus as the port authority's head, the...
- Property-dispute settlement could net Detroit $1M. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p35
Reports on the agreement signed by the Detroit Economic Development Corp. with Piquette Hastings LLC calling for Piquette to repay the city 75% of old loans plus back taxes on the former Fisher Body Plant No. 21. Back taxes and bad loans connected to the property; Piquette's claims that it...
- Loans OK'd by Detroit EDC. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p33
The article presents information on loans and contracts given out by Detroit Economic Development Corp. It has sanctioned a loan of $400,000 for Roast LLC and $100,000 for Angelina's Bistro Inc. It has also approved three contracts for further work on the Dequindre Cut-Greenway project which...
- Caraco reworks $6.1 million balloon payment on EDC loan. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p36
Reports the restructuring of Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd. on the balloon payment due on the loan from the Detroit Economic Development Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Ranges on the annual interest rates; Information on the financial performance of Caraco.