O'Connor Cites Growth Potential, Talent Pool for Merger With SWS
- Southwest Securities to Pick Up California's O'Connor & Co. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;8/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31197, p5
Reports the acquisition of O'Connor & Co. Securities by Southwest Securities Group Inc. in the United States. Benefits of the merger; Rank of the companies in the executive officer category; Target market of O'Connor & Co.
- Small cities mean big business for O'Connor & Co. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;04/07/97, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the boutique muni-bond underwriting firm, O'Connor and Company Securities of Newport Beach, California. Total new debt underwritten by O'Connor since November 1996; Type of clientele targeted by O'Connor. INSETS: O'Connor: OC shouldn't have filed bankruptcy.;Call `em bankers through...
- Floresville ISD may reinance bond. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;10/29/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p3A
The article focuses on the decision of the Floresville Independent School District in Texas to consider a move that could save its taxpayers an estimated $881,000, noting that the board of trustees voted for Southwest Securities Inc. in conducting a parameter sale of $9 million in debt.
- With eyes beyond Texas, Southwest Securities looks to boost its role. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p30
Presents information on Southwest Securities Incorporated with reference to its success in local Texas financings. Background information on the company; Details on Southwest ranking the 10th as lead manager in Texas; Comments from executive vice president for trading, underwriting, and sales,...
- O'Connor & Co. Acquired. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;8/13/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p19
Reports that Newport Beach, California-based underwriting firm O'Connor and Co. Securities has been acquired by Southwest Securities Group Inc.
- NEW PUSH. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;8/16/2001-8/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p6
Reports on O'Connor and Co. Securities' hiring of Hispanic investment bankers Gary Cabello and Luis Ruiz-Dana. O'Connor's acquisition of USACapital Inc.'s San Diego, California operations in a bid to connect with Hispanic officials in California; Roles of Cabello and Ruiz-Dana in educating...
- Southwest Securities Enters New England Public Finance. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p7
Reports on the expansion of Southwest Securities Inc.'s public finance reach. Details of the expansion plans.
- Monrovia, Calif., Refinances its Defaulted RDA Debt. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;2/26/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33867, p3
The article reports that California-based Southwest Securities Inc., a redevelopment agency, has refinanced its Registered Debt Agreement (RDA) after a five-year note by the company went into default in 2012.
- Southwest's Warehouse Exec Leaves. Muolo, Paul // American Banker;9/3/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F334, p9
The article reports that warehouse-lending executive David Frase no longer works for financial-services firm Southwest Securities.