Iowa County Board Gives Sale Go-Ahead, Avoids Ballot Box
- Moody's, S&P Eye Kentucky. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p1
Reports the downgrading of the rating of Kentucky for its appropriation-backed debt. Notice received by the state; Failure to enact a binary budget on outstanding lease-backed bonds; Effect of downgrading on the lease appropriation-backed debt of the state.
- Delaware Governor Announces Cuts to Plug $95 Million Hole. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p4
Reports the announcement of Governor Ruth Ann Minner on the first round budget cuts for the fiscal year in Delaware. Release of reduced revenue forecast; Implementation of budget resolution to formulate spending plan; Refunding of the outstanding bonds.
- Missouri Hits Market With Rare Deal, Looks Ahead to Tobacco Securitization. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p4
Reports the state revenue bonds of Missouri. Return of the tobacco securitization before the end of year; Inclusion of the securitization in the budget for the fiscal year of 2003; Establishment of the Tobacco Settlement Financing Authority in order to issue the debt secured.
- Senate Committee Passes $560M Spending Plan, Authorizes $400M of GOs for D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending bill for Washington, D.C., which authorizes the city to sell general obligation bonds. House version of the measure; Funding of programs under the bill.
- Miami-Dade Wants $300M Deal Quickly, to Ease Economic Slump. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p3
Reports the economic recession in Miami and Dade County in Florida. Estimate of the funds needed for economic recovery; Proposition of capital program and bond auction strategies; Identification of the sectors affected.
- Texas County to Refinance $49M of Jail Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34201, p1
McLennan County in Central Texas is aiming for savings on $49 million of bonds for a privately-operated jail backed by an appropriation pledge if the inmate count falls below 325.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p37
Reports developments related to bond issues as of August 7, 2002 in the Midwest U.S. Agreement of the Supreme Court to expedite suburban lawsuit in Illinois; Argument over the 2003 budget proposals in the City-County Council in Indiana; Proposal of bonding bill for transportation by...
- House Committee Approves D.C. Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p5
Reports on the approval of the District of Columbia spending bill by the House Appropriations Committee in the U.S. Issuance of general obligation bonds; Allocation of budget for emergency planning and security-related expenses; Implementation of the district's long-term combined sewer overflow...
- Florida's Scott Offers Slimmed-Down Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p5
The article reports on the proposal of Florida Governor Rick Scott to cut down state government spending by over 5 billion dollars in two years, lessen corporate income and school property taxes by 2 billion and to spend less in bond financing.