Munis End as Treasuries Rally On Falling Stocks, Weak Economic Data
- Munis Close Trading Week Firm; S. Dakota Sells $278M in Tobacco. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p2
Reports the status of the municipal bonds in the U.S. as of August 2002. Impact of stock market decline on bonds demand; Rise in the triple-A municipal bond yields; Factors mediating the negative trend in equity flows.
- Should You Stay Safe or Consider Stocks? // Bank Investment Consultant;May2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p26
Offers views on whether to stay safe or consider stocks. Potential of municipal bonds; Equity risk premium; Good opportunity to rebalance; Tax-free investment.
- Muni Funds Register High In Hot July. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p1
No abstract available.
- Municipals Gain 1/8 to ï¿½ Point As Sickly Stocks Push Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p2
Reports increase of the municipal bond prices in the U.S. Decrease in stocks demand ; Growth of the treasuries; Impact of business forecast on investors.
- Munis End Higher as Treasuries Slip; Major Issues Turn in Mixed Showing. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p2
Focuses on various developments in the American stock market on December 11, 2002. Rise in value of municipal bonds; Impact of change in value of stocks on the government; Announcement of the Federal Reserve Board to leave its target rate of overnight loans unchanged; Analysis of the reasons...
- Galloping Govies Drag Munis Up; Florida Balance Put at $135 Million. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p2
Reports on developments in the market for municipal bonds in the United States on March 30, 2000. Absence of a bond rally amidst stock losses; Gains in the secondary market for bonds; Reasons behind the municipal bond market's poor performance levels.
- Municipal Tone Firm as Treasuries Wilt; N.Y.S. Thruway Authority Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States as of July 10, 2000. Impact of demand for a light supply of bonds on the stock market; Activity generated by a moderate flow of customer bid-wanteds.
- Munis End Week Mixed and Light As Stocks Continue on Volatile Path. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p2
Reports the trade of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Volatility of the stocks; Decline of the government bonds; Consumer confidence index of the University of Michigan.
- Municipals Enjoy Modest Gains; Merrill Lynch Takes California. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p2
Reports on developments in municipal bonds in the United States as of April 20, 2000. Impact of the decline in stocks on the municipal market for investments; Modest market gains enjoyed by municipal bonds; Information on different bond issues.