NEWS IN BRIEF
- THE ORIGINS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE. Rothbard, Murray N. // Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics;Fall99, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p3
Discusses the origins of the U.S. Federal Reserve. Details on the national banking system during the Civil War; Discussion on the Gold Standard Act of 1900; Issues on surplus capital and economic imperialism the years shortly before and after 1900; Campaign for a central banks during the early...
- Fed Makes Y2K Cash Plans, Encourages Banks to Plan. // Financial Update;Jul-Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Reserve Board has devoted resources to support the nation's financial system in its entry to the year 2000. INSET: On the Year 2000.
- Fed Budgets 11% Rise in 2-Year Outlays. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;8/14/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 156, p20
Reports the approval of the annual budget plan of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in the U.S. Allocation for information technology spending; Alleviation of staff salary expenditures; Percentage of budget increase.
- Fed Sets 3 Term-Deposit Sales. Borak, Donna // American Banker;6/1/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 83, p16
The article states that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board has scheduled small-value auctions of term deposits on June 14, June 28, and July 12, 2010.
- Fed Sets Final Cash Auction. Sloan, Steven // American Banker;1/28/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 15, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve's policy-making committee has announced that it will hold a final cash auction on March 8, 2010.
- Federal Reserve Announces Results of Auction of $3 Billion in 28-day Term Deposits Held on January 14, 2013. // Financial Update;2013 1st Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p54
The article offers information on the auction of 3 billion dollars in 28-day term deposits through its Term Deposit Facility, by U. S. Federal Reserve, and mentions that the results include, competitive amount tendered is 5,680,000,000 dollars and competitive tender awarded is 36,010,000 dollars.
- Fed: 28-Day TAFs Sell At 0.250% Stop-Out Rate. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33264, p2
The article reports on the announcement given by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board on February 10, 2010 concerning the results of the sale of its 15.426 billion dollar-worth term-auction facility (TAF) for 28-day credits with 0.250% stop-out rate.
- Now What, Alan? Jones, David M. // International Economy;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on United States Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's struggle to rescue the economy and maintain a working relationship with President George W. Bush. Greenspan's role in the economic boom experienced during the administration of former president Bill Clinton; Policies implemented...
- A Minor Mystery: Despite Retail's Strength, Household Muni Holdings Drop in 3Q. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p31
Highlights the United States Federal Reserve Board's flow-of-funds data for the third quarter of 2000. Bond calls and redemptions; New-issue supply; Total municipal bonds outstanding; Non-financial corporate business; Decline in retail municipal bond holdings.