- Senate Committee Passes $560M Spending Plan, Authorizes $400M of GOs for D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending bill for Washington, D.C., which authorizes the city to sell general obligation bonds. House version of the measure; Funding of programs under the bill.
- Methodological Principles and Conditions for Issuing Subfederal Bonds. SCHERBAKOV, Aleksandr A. // Upravlenec;2015, Issue 1, p16
The paper scrutinizes the existing conditions and principles of issuing bonds aimed at financing expenditure commitments of the budgets of the RF subjects. The author has conducted an in-depth analysis of existing legal acts regulating the issue of subfederal bonds in order to discover...
- Federal deficits now equal tax increases in the future. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p30
Focuses on the factors influencing the increase of the tax deficits of the American government. Rise on the number of government bonds; Level of public spending; Expansion of various medical programs.
- March 1 Deadline Set for Joining California Pooled-Bond Program. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p1
The article reports that a more detailed timeline is in place for redevelopment agencies in California that want to join a bond program enabling them to stretch out payments they are required to make to the state this May. California's fiscal 2005 budget required the state's redevelopment...
- Illinois Seeks Team For Tobacco Issue. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/13/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 30, p9
The article reports on the opportunity of underwriters, lawyers and financial advisers interested in working on Illinois' proposed sale of up to 1.75 billion dollars of tobacco bonds to submit proposals to the state until August 27, 2010. It notes that the state's proposed sales of tobacco bonds...
- Summaries of Papers in this Issue. Tomohara, Akinori; Wagner, Gary A.; Seida, Jim A.; Wempe, William F.; Brien, Michael J.; Dickert-Conlin, Stacy; Weaver, David A.; Paton, David; Siegel, Donald S.; Williams, Leighton Vaughan // National Tax Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p779
This section presents summaries of articles on bond market and fiscal institutions.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p31
Reports on developments related to bonds in the Midwest. Appointment by Governor Rod Blagojevich of five people to head the Illinois Gaming Board; Resignation of The financial manager that was appointed by the state of Michigan to oversee the city of Highland Park's budget; Proposal by...
- 'Prudent' Spending Will Have Limited Impact. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Aug2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the initiative of the Indonesian government in revising the fiscal deficit budget target for 2007. Bond issues are increased to 57-65 trillion rupiah, a 40 percent increase from the original plan, as well as issuance of additional global bonds. Treasury bills and Islamic...
- Oklahoma Budget Pact Looks to Revenue Growth for Debt Service. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32118, p35
The article reports that a $5.9 billion budget plan endorsed by Oklahoma legislative leaders depends on growth in state revenues to fund debt service payments on highway revenue bonds. The plan announced late Thursday by Senate President Pro Tem Mike Morgan, and House Speaker Todd Hiett, sets...