Southwest Securities to Pick Up California's O'Connor & Co
- O'Connor & Co. Acquired. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;8/13/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p19
Reports that Newport Beach, California-based underwriting firm O'Connor and Co. Securities has been acquired by Southwest Securities Group Inc.
- DG Deems Selling Co. A Viable Route. J. H. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/17/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p5
Reports that Irving, Texas-based DG Systems Inc. is considering a sale and other alternatives. Retention of Southwest Securities to assist with the review; Reason behind the company's launch of the review process; List of companies acquired by DG.
- O'Connor Cites Growth Potential, Talent Pool for Merger With SWS. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p6
Reports the merger between O'Connor & Co. Securities and Southwest Securities, Inc. in the United States. Establishment of a bigger capital base through the merger; Goals in bringing bankers and institutional sales people to the business; Expectations on the completion of the merger.
- First Southwest and Southwest Securities Complete Deal, Begin Operating as One Company. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/2/2016, p1
The two financial services providers are now owned by Hilltop Holdings
- Southwest Reels as Archipelago Bolts. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p1
Reports that ECN Archipelago has decided to drop Dallas, Texas-based Southwest Securities Group Inc. as its securities clearing agent. Percentage of ECN's securities clearing business handled by Southwest Securities; Reason behind ECN's decision to drop Southwest as its securities clearing...
- Southwest Securities Team Jumps to Samco After Merger. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/21/2015, Issue 34245, p1
Ten Texas financial advisors with Southwest Securities jumped to Samco Capital Markets after SWS was acquired by Hilltop Holdings Inc., the parent firm of First Southwest Co.
- Just what the market needed. L.C. // High Yield Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the reactions of securities professionals on the impact of America Online Inc.'s acquisition of Time Warner Inc. on the securities markets.
- Nasdaq-Berlin Linkup Looks to Learn From Past Errors. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;11/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p6
Reports the merger of Nasdaq Europe and Berlin Stock Exchange. Creation of pan-European exchange strategy. Development of horizontal settlement model whereby transactions will be settled in the central securities depository; Union of different trading systems to create a hybrid trading mechanism.
- Small cities mean big business for O'Connor & Co. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;04/07/97, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the boutique muni-bond underwriting firm, O'Connor and Company Securities of Newport Beach, California. Total new debt underwritten by O'Connor since November 1996; Type of clientele targeted by O'Connor. INSETS: O'Connor: OC shouldn't have filed bankruptcy.;Call `em bankers through...