DART Picks Thomas as President, Executive Director
- Dallas Rapid Transit Hires New Commuter Rail Head. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p3
Reports the selection of Kathryn Waters to the position of vice president of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit in Texas. Educational background of Waters; Career history of the executive; Management of the commuter railway.
- Dallas assembles kit cars. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2008, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p351
The article reports on the move of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) to add low-floor sections to its 115 KinkiSharyo light rail vehicles under a programme to be completed in 2010. Supplied from Japan in kit form, the 15 tonne centre sections are 9.4 m long with a set of doors on each side and...
- DART Treasurer to Serve as Acting CFO. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p39
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based Dallas Area Rapid Transit promoted its treasurer Nathan Hallett to acting chief financial officer. Career background of the executive; Tasks and responsibilities under Hallett's appointment.
- Dallas Rapid Transit Explores Ways to Keep Light-Rail Projects on Schedule. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;1/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32801, p32
The article reports on efforts of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) to explore all options available to close a funding gap to keep planned light-rail extension projects on schedule in Texas. The possible solution for this plan is to have a private contractor, to ask the Texas Legislature to...
- Dallas Market Center. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2011, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the announcement by wholesale marketplace Dallas Market Center that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) in Texas was used by customers during the Dallas Total Home & Gift Market in January 2011. Bill Winsor, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the marketplace,...
- Dallas wins second transit award. // Railway Age;Nov98, Vol. 199 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the award received by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) General Manager Roger Snoble from the American Public Transit Association in 1998. His contribution to advance urban transit in the United States and Canada; Significance of the award to Snoble.
- DART'S 28-mile Green Line opens. Harbour, Mike // Trains;Mar2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that Dallas Area Rapid Transit opened its 28-mile Green Line between southeast Dallas and northwest suburbs in Texas, on December 6, 2010.
- Quake delays delivery of first DART car. // Railway Age;Apr95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the Kobe earthquake delayed delivery of the light rail cars manufactured by Kinkysharyo USA and Itochu International for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Location of final assembly.
- PEOPLE. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2008, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p190
The article announces the appointment of executives in the railroad industry, including Randall Chrisman at Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Julian Drury at c2c and Raviprakash Karcherla at Invensys Rail Group.