Sharpeville precinct to be upgraded
Tags: FIFA World Cup
- New-look Brazil rolls past U.S. team. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 189, p9
The article announces that Brazil won its match against the U.S. soccer team during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- World Cup kicks off on CRC. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;3/14/94, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the Hispanic radio network Cardena Radio Centro's (CRC) acquisition of the broadcast rights for the World Cup soccer tournament for 1994. Bid of other radio networks; Number of games' rights bought; Appeal of CRC's Mexican-based programming to American Hispanics.
- Professional foul. Clapp, William // Public Finance;7/29/94, p7
Focuses on the author's views on the World Cup soccer competitions and his comparisons of soccer player positions to members of the office staff. Differences between soccer and the public sector.
- WHAT ARE YOU PACKING FOR THE WORLD CUP? Hughes, Holly Stuart // Photo District News;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p92
The article presents the views of several photographers on how they will feature the football worldcup 2010 including Simon Bruty, Elisa Amendola, and Janie Squire.
- AFRICA CENTER OF THE WORLD. Risch, Conor // Photo District News;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p104
The article reports that the photojournalists from Africa will participate in a program organized by the World Press Photo to cover the 2010 Football World Cup.
- The World Cup's full house. Yeomans, Matthew // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the scarcity of accommodations in France leading up to the sixteenth World Cup in soccer scheduled to be played in the summer of 1998. Number of nations participating in the World Cup; Estimated number of soccer fans to attend games; How the World Cup will affect the cost of...
- Full cup. Kiersh, Ed // Adweek Western Edition;10/25/93, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p34
Reports on American advertisers' support for the 1994 World Cup. Past indifference to soccer; Importance of the Hispanic market to American advertisers; Soccer as the future American game.
- Erratum. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p8
A correction to an article about the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil that was published in the April 2010 issue is presented.
- South Africa's showcase city. // Asian Pacific Post;5/20/2010, p7
The article describes Cape Town, a city in South Africa which is the venue of the 2010 soccer World Cup.
- South Africa is having a ball with World Cup. Bhatia, Rajiv // Asian Pacific Post;6/10/2010, p14
The author reflects on issues surrounding South Africa's hosting of the 2010 World Cup.