Trying to boost the bottom line
- European Fitness Firm Scans U.S. Heim, Sarah J. // Adweek Western Edition;10/22/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 43, p8
Provides information on the search for an advertising agency by physical fitness firm Slendertone. Estimated value of the proposed advertising contract; Products offered by the company; Potential contenders for the advertising account.
- Ab shortcut. Baker, Liz // Self;Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p62
Features the Slendertone Flex Abdominal Training System. Price; Order information.
- Slendertone selects Lowe Live to handle Â£7m creative work. // Campaign;4/27/2001, Issue 17, p2
Focuses on the selection of Lowe Live to handle the advertising campaigns of Slendertone. Cost of the advertising campaign; Creation of direct response press advertising.
- The message from the roadside. Nucifora, Alf // Central New Jersey Business;6/14/95, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p20
Offers guidelines for creating billboards. Importance of advertising brief messages; Use of visual techniques; Location considerations; Three types of billboards.
- Call It Street Smart Advertising. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, pB7
Describes a trend in outdoor advertising which make use of cars to create mobile billboards in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Types of vehicles used to carry billboards; Appeal of mobile billboards; Reasons for the growth in interest in mobile billboards.
- County suspends new billboard applications. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;02/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the suspension of billboard applications in Clark County, Nevada. Public hearing concerning the suspension; Recommendations for the posting of billboards.
- Issues in the Appraisal of Outdoor Advertising Signs. Floyd, Charles F. // Appraisal Journal;Jul83, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p422
Discusses issues in the appraisal of outdoor advertising signs in the United States. Overview of the outdoor advertising business; Billboards as a direct use of the road; Use of the road and valuation of billboards; Fixtures or personal property; Principles of substitution; Sales comparison,...
- Off into the sunset... Dawson, Angela // Adweek Western Edition;12/14/98, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p50
Reports on the bringing down of the Marlboro Man billboard in Hollywood's Sunset Strip following the settlement of the state of California and tobacco companies. Consideration of the billboard as a local landmark.
- New billboard regulations due in May. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;04/09/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p7
Discusses the proposed changes in zoning regulations for billboard advertisements in Clark County, Nevada. First zoning meeting scheduled in May 2001; Impact of the ordinance on billboard advertising.