Bringing retailing out of its box
- House of Norway liquidating, plans to reopen. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;4/2/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p184
The article reports on the plan of furniture retailer House of Norway, which is liquidating its inventory, to reopen in May 2011 with a changed or modified name to be viable in a highly competitive environment and be better aligned with the needs of its metro market in New Jersey and New York.
- Simply Divani. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2001, Issue 5250, p12
Profiles Giovanni Sforza, President and founder of Incanto Divani, a leather upholstery manufacturer. Accounts of Giovanni Sforza; Locations and feature discription for the factories; Future plans and target sales for the company.
- On the fifth day ... Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p20
Highlights the four-day retail management course held for furniture trade representatives at Highgate House in Northamptonshire, England in April 2000. Organization of the course; Delegates' assessment of the course; Knowledge gleaned by delegates specific to the furniture trade. INSETS:...
- Views. Kay, Martin // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p9
Provides the author's views on how furniture retailer should manage pre-Christmas rush. Assertion on the need for serious management during the season; Citation of accurate forecasting tools for retailers; Affirmation on the importance of on-time delivery.
- Jordan's: Forget the flash; here's the real success secret. // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the merchandising of Jordan's Furniture Inc. Factors contributing to the successful merchandising of the company; Products offered by Jordan's; Executive management.
- Letters. Spencer, Mike; Shorter, Wendy // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on the management of investments to trade associations by David Dawkins in the February 15, 2008 issue, one on the value of money by Mike Spencer in the January 25, 2008 issue and "DPA creditors...
- Space race conundrum. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p10
The article focuses on the condition of Great Britain's furniture retail trade. It stresses the impact of the changes of consumer spending towards the retail trade of furniture products in the country. However, it mentions that the development of retail stores in the country's furniture industry...
- Keeping positive is the key. Munro, Caroline // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p32
The article reports on the trend of Wales' furniture retail trade industry. It stresses that retailers in the country's furniture industry have shown various business strategies to cope up with the decline in the sales of retail sector. It further discusses the management of the country's retail...
- OPINION: UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, BUT WHO HAS IT? // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2011, Issue 5763, p13
The author discusses the competition among local manufacturers and foreign importers of furnitures in Great Britain. He notes that foreign importers dominates low-priced furniture making the local industry less competitive in terms of price. He asserts that while British retailers cannot compete...