Your questions answered
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2007, Issue 5551, p8
The article provides answers to a question about the impact of the football season games to the performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain.
- Q&A: Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p5
Answers questions about the furniture industry.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p6
Answers questions about the proper installation and delivery of furniture pieces.
- Darn those `nasty worm holes.' Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Jan97, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p19
Presents a question and answer which focuses on the furniture industry. How to deal with wormholes found in lumber; How to stop red oak panels from cupping; Best method for the preparation of fancy faces for lamination.
- Questions & Common Sense Answers. Taylor, Fred // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to antiques including an old chest of drawers labeled Union Furniture Co., dowel measurements, a small chair with a tag that says Jacob & Josef Kohn and Mundus, Made in Czechoslovakia.
- Questions & Answers. Gilbert, Anne // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to furniture industry including one on how to determine the age and value of an antique chair, another one about a 78 year-old table, and about a toy washing machine.
- ask our advisory board. Crowhurst, Barbara; Truckenmiller, Linda; Kesler, Joyce; Contino, Rick; Davis, Sharon // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Dec2007/Jan2008, p50
The article presents questions and answers related to the performance of furniture companies in 2007 and their outlook in 2008.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;6/30/2006, Issue 5494, p9
The article presents a question and answer advisory on whether there should be tariifs on Chinese-made furniture.
- your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p4
Replies to queries related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Sale of bedding items with minor imperfections such as stains, dirt and corner damage; Refunds for unwanted furniture items due defects; Information dissemination related to reupholstery service.