Fewer PCs, but plenty of viruses and time wasters
- Web leaders propose guidelines for e-commerce. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p35
Focuses on several major Internet firms' introduction of guidelines they say will protect consumers on the World Wide Web. Provisions on refund policies, information disclosure and protecting consumer privacy; Goal of heading off federal regulation in the United States; Creation of an online...
- Spyware finding its way into a system near you. Tramer, Harriet // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p24
Focuses on the hazards of spyware on the Internet connection of the business enterprises in Cleveland, Ohio. Collection of information targeting marketing campaign; Occurrence of stealing proprietary data; Need of reinstalling the operating system.
- E-bytes. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/22/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6308, p59
Reports global developments related to the Internet industry as of January 2002. Growth of internet usage in Korea region; Invasion of computer viruses in network computers; Retention of peer-to-peer technology in Napster.
- Better Business Bureau warns of 'phishing' attack. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/19/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that the Better Business Bureau (BBB) System is warning businesses and consumers in the U.S. and Canada regarding a phishing scam that uses the BBB name and a false BBB e-mail address to attract recipients to access potentially damaging hyperlinks. The false links direct...
- THREATS TO COME. Chen, Anne // eWeek;3/25/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the management of virus attacks on the Internet industry in the U.S. Observation of multifaceted attacks; Procedures of meeting security standards; Anticipation of the effects of the virus.
- CARUSO'S CACHE. Caruso, Jeff // Network World;04/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p7
Reports on developments in the United States Internet industry as of April 16, 2001. Virus-infected email sent by electronics vendor Pioneer to its customers; Shutdown of a scam that sells fake stocks on the Internet; Emergence of laborers and factory workers as the fastest-growing population...
- Asia's as-new e-conomy. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p66
Describes the impact of the cable cut offs in China and the NIMDA virus on the Internet industry in Asia. Vulnerability of the region's infrastructure; Effects of the cuts on Internet users; Decline in bandwidth sales.
- E-BYTES. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/05/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6253, p80
Presents news and developments concerning the Internet industry as of December 5, 2000. Sydney Opera House's acquisition of its right to retain its Web domain name; Features of Sony's SDR-3X robot; Damage created by the computer virus Romeo and Juliet.
- Fusion spotlight. // Network World;04/12/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p36
Presents news items related to enterprise network computing industry as of April 12, 1999. Includes fate of Melisa virus author; Running of Domain Name System; NTscript's use of graphical interface.