Excess space 'will hit profits.'
- Warm weather reveals signs of life in June. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p32
Presents graph and charts depicting the sales performance of retailers in the U.S.
- More Stores Planned, Shoppers Holding Up. Smith, Mark // Orange County Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the condition of the retail market in Orange County, California. Increase of demand for retail space; Growth of retail sales; Income sources.
- Arab shops crippled. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;11/26/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p1
Reports the decline in corporate earnings of Arab retail stores in New York, New York. Impact of the September 2001 terrorist attacks on store sales; Rate of decline in sales; Safety precautions adopted by Arab-Americans.
- Annual Retailer Ranking by Sales. // DSN Retailing Today;7/9/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p31
Presents the annual financial performance rankings of retailers in the United States for the year 1999-2000.
- Steady retail sales in Fairfield County mirror national reports. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/9/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p7
Reports on the stability of the retail sales in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Increase of consumer spending; Escalation of sales revenue; Classification of the business enterprises.
- Selling Season Hardly A Gift To Retailers. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/30/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the decline in sales figures for retailers in Michigan during the 2002 holiday season. Comparison of the number of retailers which reported a gain in 2000 and 2002; Observations of Michigan Retailer Association member Tom Scott on the decline in sales.
- Retail. // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/12/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 24, p40
Presents information on the financial performance of retail trade in the United States as of June 2000. Stocks underwriting volume and fees; Global mergers and acquisition deals; Equity deals; Debt deals.
- The Numbers. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/30/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p18A
Presents chart and graphs depicting the total retail sales of the business enterprises in New Hampshire as of May 21, 2003.
- European and American Prices. WEARE, EUGENE // America;12/2/1922, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p153
The article offers a comparison of the retail prices secured by European countries and the U.S. as of December 1922. An examination of the several kinds and grades of European products in retail shops in New York has revealed that the business of the importation of goods is profitable. The...
- Auto sales drive retail sales increases in April. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p21
Focuses on the effects of auto sales on the retail industry in the U.S. Improvements in the channel of distribution; Impact of the warm weather on the sales of building supply and garden stores; Increase in the profits of electronic and appliances.