Pair of Downgrades Bode Ill for Struggling Hospital Sector
- Troubled Detroit Medical Center takes another ratings hit. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p4
Focuses on bond ratings downgrades at Detroit Medical Center by rating agencies. Operating losses triggering the downgrades by Fitch IBCA inc., Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's; Unprofitability of the medical center's ambulatory care network; Recruitment of consulting firm Hunter...
- Ouachita Hospital Downgrade. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p47
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s downgrading of the rating of hospital bonds sold by Ouachita Parish in Louisiana. The rating was downgraded from BBB to BBB-minus. It applies to the Series 1996 hospital revenue financing bonds sold for Glenwood Regional Medical Center. The...
- Chicago hospital may be at mercy of another downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p1
Reports on the possibility of another downgrade for Chicago, Illinois-based Mercy Hospital & Medical Center in the wake of poor financial results. Current ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's; Hospital's uninsured debt outstanding.
- Leesburg Med Center Downgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p2
Reports that the U.S. rating firm Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the rating on the debt of Leesburg Regional Medical Center in Florida. Financial impact of needed cash transfers from Leesburg to its Villages Regional Hospital; Support for Villages' bonds by Sun Trust Bank.
- Mercy Hospital, Ill., Cut by S&P. // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p2
Announces that Standard & Poor's has lowered the rating on the $73.53 million revenue bonds the Illinois Health Facilities Authority issued for Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
- Fitch Lowers $67.1 M Issued for Flint, Mich., Hospital to Negative BB-Plus. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p40
The article reports on Fitch Ratings Inc.'s downgrading of $67.1 million of revenue bonds issued by Flint, Michigan-based Hospital Building Authority on behalf of Hurley Medical Center to below investment grade due to operating losses. The Fitch's reason for the drop of hospital's rating to...
- S&P Puts Illinois Hospital on Negative Watch. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p6
Reports that Standards & Poor's has affirmed and placed on CreditWatch negative its rating on bonds issued on behalf of Morris Hospital in Illinois.
- Maxed Out. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2001, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p34
States that small hospitals in the United States are not improving in terms of bond ratings despite positive financial performance. Absence of clinical specialties coveted by managed care payers; Views of executives on the bond ratings for small hospitals.
- Hospital Rating Affirmed. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31292, p37
Reports on ratings of FirstHealth of The Carolinas in North Carolina by rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. Financial performance of the bonds owned by the hospital; Corporate profile of the hospital.