North Carolina Governor Withholds Pension Fund Payment
- N.C.'s Gov. Easley Offers 'Gimmick'-Free $15B Budget. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p40
Focuses on the multi-billion dollar budget for fiscal year 2004 presented by North Carolina governor Mike Easley. Cuts in spending that are included in the budget; Issue of multi-million dollar bonds that Easley's budget comprises of; Revenue growth on which the budget proposal is based.
- Correction. // American Banker;8/20/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 160, p19
A correction to the article "Subprime Law Includes No-Doc Ban" that was published in the August 17, 2007 paper is presented.
- N.C. Governor's Emergency Moves Could Affect GO Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p3
Reports on the effects of North Carolina Governor Mike Easley's budget action on general obligation bond sales. Budget deficit of the state; Cuts in state agency budgets.
- A SPIN AROUND THE TRACK. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;7/5/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p2194
Looks at the popularity rating of North Carolina Governor Mile Easley. Survival of Easley in a crash during a NASCAR fundraising race; Reason for the favorable job rating of Easley; Discussion strategy of Easley.
- N.C. passes patients' rights. // State Government News;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the signing of a legislation by North Carolina Governor Mike Easley on October 18, 2001 which protects the rights of patients who have been denied services or treatment by their insurance companies. Provisions of the legislation; Exemption to the law; Number of people who are...
- Easley Signs $19B Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p31
The article reports that North Carolina Governor Mike Easley has signed into law an $18.9 billion state budget. The budget provides pay increases for public school teachers and state workers. It also authorizes more than $600 million in debt to be sold over the next three years for building a...
- Triple-A Rated Durham County, N.C., Refunding $94 Million Tomorrow. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p3
Discloses that Durham County, North Carolina, is refunding bonds worth millions of dollars on February 21, 2001, in an effort to take advantage of declining interest rates. Plan to use part of the issue to refund series of fixed-rate bonds; Possibility that Governor Mike Easley might try to...
- North Carolina Bans B/C YSPs. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;8/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the bill that bans lenders from paying yield-spread premiums (YSPs), signed by North Carolina Governor Mike Easley in August 2008. It is stated that the bill bans lenders from paying YSPs on subprime mortgages beginning October 1, 2008. It is averred that the signed bill...
- '30s-style tax structure no longer fits the state. Cline, Ned // Business North Carolina;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
Comments on the state government system of North Carolina. Impact of the government system on state's budget deficit; Foundation of state government; Inequities and inefficiencies in state government; Reason for the program cuts and tax changes proposed by Governor Mike Easley.