LEAN MEAN MONEY MACHINES
- Energy supply bill clears House panel. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;10/15/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the move of the House Resources Committee to pass legislation that would open a portion of the Arctic National Wildlife refuge to drilling for oil in Alaska. Opposition from environmental organizations; Detail of the area covering the drilling plan; Capability of the project on...
- Senate votes against drilling in Alaska. // National Petroleum News;May2003, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the Senate vote disapproving oil drilling at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Response of Senator Lisa Murkowski on the scheme; Expression of environmental concerns; Assessment of the energy bill.
- Alaska tiff clouds digital switch. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/20/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The drilling is threatening a year-end Senate meltdown that could stall legislation containing requirements that broadcasters end their analog television transmissions. The U.S. House added a provision to permit...
- Oil prices have US scrounging for supplies. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;10/20/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 231, p2
Discusses the impact of oil prices on the oil exploration effort in the United States. How almost every available oil drilling rig in the nation is in use; High energy prices, which are forecasted for the winter of 2000 in the U.S.; Questions on how much oil, gas and clean-burning coal can be...
- Americans Will Again Fight To Protect the Arctic Refuge. Schweiger, Larry J. // National Wildlife;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the advocacy for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska in 2005. Commitment of the public to protect the refuge; Advantage of raising automobile fuel efficiency standards; Quality of life issues that should be considered by the advocates.
- SAVING THE ARCTIC REFUGE. // National Wildlife;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p61
Reports on the effort of drilling proponents to convince the Congress to pass a legislation for oil and gas development at Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Proposal to include revenues from drilling in the budget bill; Stance of the public on the issue; Animals that may be affected by...
- Alaskans Back ANWAR Drilling An a Protected Environment. Chavez, Linda // Human Events;04/23/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the support of the people of Alaska to the petroleum drilling plans in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Opposition of the Democratic Party and environmentalist to the proposal to drill petroleum in the area; Description of the area where drilling will be made;...
- ANWR Clears Senate Hurdle, Barely. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 233 Issue 4, p8
This article reports on the passage of a budget bill that could lead to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska.
- Bush calls for Arctic gas development. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/29/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 21, p10
The article presents information on the proposal of the U.S. President George W. Bush for the development of natural gas resources in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska. According to Bush, these resources are important for maintaining global competitiveness of the U.S. At a speech, Bush...