Thorns takes over Camden
- Merger mania returns with a vengeance. ADAMS, LARRY // Wood & Wood Products;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p64
Presents information on the mergers and acquisitions in the cabinet industry of the United States. Major acquisitions in the industry; Factors which contributed to the increasing number of mergers and acquisitions in the industry.
- High-spending consumers boost profits at Headlam. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p4
Informs of floorings and fabrics distributor, Headlam's, acquisition of MCD. Benefits of Headlam on the acquisition; Statistics on its pre-tax profits ending June 1997; Percentage increase on its earnings and dividends per share.
- McCreary Modern acquires Morganton Chair. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p6
Reports on upholstery producer McCreary Modern's acquisition of Morganton Chair, a producer of medium-priced, exposed-wood accent and occasional chairs. Experience of McCreary executive Rick Coffey in managing operations with multi-plant furniture companies; Change of Morganton's brand name to...
- Steinhafels' Evans purchase moves it into bed making. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;2/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the decision of Steinhafels, a Waukesha, Wisconsin-based furniture business, to enter the factory-direct bedding business after it acquired Evans Mattress and Furniture. According to president Gary Steinhafel, the move gives the company room to grow its bedding business...
- Ross offers to buy Cone Mills. // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p51
Reports that Cone Mills Corp., whose operations include decorative fabric division Cone Jacquards, has received a buy-out offer from takeover specialist W.L. Ross & Co., which would require Cone to file for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S. Efforts made by Cone to revitalize its...
- CIT aquires factoring assets from GE. // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p51
Reports that Livingston, New Jersey-based factoring services provider CIT Group Inc. has acquired a substantial portion of the U.S. factoring assets of its competitor GE Commercial Services. Active roles played by each company in the furniture industry; Terms of the acquisition; Scope of the...
- Dreams in deal for Bensons? // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p3
Reports that Dreams and Homestyle are closed to completing a deal for Homestyle's bed division, Bensons Bed, The Bed Shed and Sleepmasters.
- Peddar resigns after Furnitureland sale. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p3
Reports on Chris Peddar's resignation as head of British furniture company Furnitureland following its takeover by SB Capital Europe. Replacement of Peddar by Peter Dickson; Purchase price; Failed attempts by SB Capital Europe to buy the Sanity music chain and electrical retail company Powerhouse.
- Dutailier restructuring EG line. // Kids Today;Mar2004, p20
Reports that youth furniture retailer Dutailier is restructuring its youth and juvenile division after acquiring youth case good manufacturer EG in 2003. Branding of its Baby Glide line of gliders with its EG juvenile case goods; Petit Cheris line of glides rockers.