Wembley late to join Xmas battle
- A Kosher Christmas? Giusti, Autumn C. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p29
Relates the importance of employers and events planners to consider the religious customs of their employees in planning office Christmas parties. Dietary restrictions of some religions; Refusal of some religions to celebrate Christmas.
- Small and cozy parties will likely be popular this season. Mistretta, A.J. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p34
Explores the popularity of small and cozy Christmas parties in the U.S. Effects of the lagging economy and lingering impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Efforts of employers to cut events costs including hosting luncheons instead of dinners; Simple and inexpensive decorations...
- The party line. Reed, Julia // Vogue;Dec96, Vol. 186 Issue 12, p84
Focuses on party celebrations during the Christmas season. Reasons for holding parties; Comparison of parties during Christmas with other holidays; Clothes for partying.
- HOSTS OF THE TOWN. Traina, Trevor // Town & Country;Dec2001, Vol. 155 Issue 5259, p198
Presents an article about hosting two Christmas parties in San Francisco, California.
- Pretty Christmas parties ignite the holiday season. Connors, Cathy // New York Amsterdam News;12/10/94, Vol. 85 Issue 50, p16
Comments on several Christmas parties held in New York City on December 1994. Englewood Social Club party; Hilbillies' party at Vernon's Paradise Restaurant; Jack and Jill New York Chapter party; Activities.
- The Coaster Correspondence. Coaster, Edwin John // Vanity Fair;Dec2002, Issue 508, p282
Presents hypothetical letters about planning a Christmas party.
- Put down the lampshade! // Business News New Jersey;11/23/98, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p3
Gives the advice of Executive Communications Group on attending Christmas parties.
- Keeping up with the party season. McCartney, Dr Margaret // GP: General Practitioner;12/16/2002, p44
Comments on the ritualistic Christmas parties in Great Britain. Dress code that men and women follow for such parties; Experience of the author during a Christmas party that she attended in 2001; Description of party atmosphere at work.
- Time to party! Where to go for some of the best bashes. Marrero, Carlos // Caribbean Business;12/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p32
Presents activities in the San Juan metropolitan area in Puerto Rico during the 1994 Christmas season. Includes the `Noches de Nueva York' at the Sands Hotel and Casino every Thursday; New Year's Eve Party in the El San Juan Hotel and Casino; Radisson Normandie Hotel's traditional New Year's...
- Elder statesman. Pritt, R. Mostyn // New Statesman;12/20/96-01/03/97, Vol. 125 Issue 4315, p10
Relates the author's experience at the 1996 `New Statesman' office Christmas party in London, England. Party activities; Unpleasant happenings; Attendees.