Ice man heads Wembley bids
- Wembley Arena set to offer glimpse of Â£35m revamp. // Music Week;9/3/2005, Issue 36, p5
Reports on the redevelopment of the Wembley Arena and Exhibition Centre in London, England. Intention of the revamp to transform the venue into an arena suited to the needs of 21st century; Description of the interior design; Opening of the restructured arena on April 2, 2006 with Depeche Mode...
- Adding up Anschutz's buying spree. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;10/30/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 42, pA2
Profiles entertainment businessman Philip Anschutz of the United States. Range of exhibition assets; Percentage of the nation's total cinemas owned; Factor motivating Anschutz in his screen-acquisition spree; Number of soccer teams owned.
- Anschutz making all the moves. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;03/05/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 2, pA1
Focuses on the business moves of Philip Anschutz. Qwest holdings of Anschutz; Acquisition of United Artists; Speculations on the plans of Anschutz.
- Hidden hand of fate revealed by Dome. Hall, Peter // Regeneration & Renewal;4/25/2008, p18
The author reflects on the failure and success of the Millennium Dome in London, England. He states that the Dome which is also known as O2 has gained bad publicity after its opening and become the national white elephant of the government. He adds that it becomes a major commercial success...
- WHO WAS SHOWING EXPELLED? Petto, Andrew J. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep-Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 5/6, p18
The author reflects on the fact that 11 out of 16 theaters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania have been showing the film "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." He says that these 11 theaters are operated by the Regal Entertainment Group, with Philip Anschutz as its former chief executive officer (CEO)....
- Anschutz in Dome mode. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;12/20/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 15, p3
Reports the government lease agreement with businessman Philip Anschutz on the Millennium Dome in London, England. Use of the building for the millennium celebration; Plan of developing a sports and entertainment arena; Interest of the businessman with entertainment complex.
- For SP, BNSF was `the handwriting on the wall'. // Railway Age;Oct95, Vol. 196 Issue 10, p18
Presents the views of Phil Anschultz on the merger between Union Pacific and Southern Pacific. Benefits of the merger on railroads; Method used by Southern Pacific in settling labor agreements; Position to be held by Anschultz after the completion of the merger.
- Anschutz will acquire troubled S.F. Examiner. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;2/20/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 40, p6
Reports that Phil Anschutz is buying a San Francisco, California local newspaper "San Francisco Examiner". Naming of Robert Starzel as chairman of San Francisco Newspaper Co. and Scott McKibben as publisher of the Examiner.
- Anschutz's Regal step. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;3/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the decision of Philip Anschutz to step down from the board of directors of Regal Entertainment Inc. in the U.S. Anschutz will retain his stocks at Regal Entertainment through his company Anschutz Co. The decision to leave the company is part of his concentration on...