DEFEASANCE VS. YIELD MAINTENANCE: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Adverse Loan Selection and the True TBA Market. Westhoff, Dale; Kramer, Bruce // Securitization Conduit;2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3/4, p64
Discusses adverse loan selection and the true TBA market. Fundamental problems that TBA investors face when assessing the prepayment risk of TBA pools; Background on the trust IO market; Tools to address concerns about monitoring and valuing the effects of adverse prepayment selection in the...
- Prepayments higher in August and expected to increase. Chisholm, Chris; I.F.R. // Asset Securitization Report;10/1/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p24
Reports the expectation for increased of prepayments of collateralized mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) in New York. Percentage rate of the office loan pool prepay; Accounts on the total percentage of the multifamily loans; Transactions on the backing of loans.
- Reports Show Declaration of Mortgage Prepayment Speeds in July. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7
Reports the deceleration of mortgage prepayment speeds among systems in the United States in July 2001. Comparison of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac speeds; Significance of the forty-five-day accounting scheme; Increase in speeds for loans with high combined loan-to-value ratios.
- Freddie Mac Curbs Prepay Penalties. // Mortgage Servicing News;Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p14
Reports the stoppage of purchase on subprime loans with prepayment penalties of Freddie Mac in McLean, Virginia.
- Prepays Show Comp Rule Influenced TPO Effect. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;10/24/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p5
The article discusses the impact of prepayment coupled with a loan compensation rule to the third-party originator (TPO) effect.
- 'Prepayment Score' Joins Credit Score as New Tool. // Mortgage Servicing News;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the use of an individual prepayment score system to assess borrower's propensity to prepay in loan pricing. Functions of the prepayment models on a given type of loan; Problems in evaluating prepayment cost; Benefits derived from the prepayment scores.
- ASK THE RAINMAKER. Hood, Doug // Entrepreneur;Mar2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p32
Answers questions about loans. Description of prepayment penalty; Details on the Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan Program of the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Losses Edge Up On HLTV Deals. // National Mortgage News;2/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p12
Reports the increased of high loan-to-value home loan securities in New York. Decrease in delinquency rate of loan-to-value home; Increase range of vintages issuance; Decrease of prepayment rates of loans.
- Refinancing Wave Calling Attention to Subprime Prepay Penalties. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;01/22/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
Discusses reasons why investors are becoming more interested in the fact that a large percentage of subprime mortgages carry prepayment penalties. Mitigation of prepayment risk; Theory that subprime or home equity product is slower to prepay than more mainstream loans; Laws in the United States...