DEFEASANCE VS. YIELD MAINTENANCE: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Adverse Loan Selection and the True TBA Market. Westhoff, Dale; Kramer, Bruce // Securitization Conduit;2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3/4, p64
Discusses adverse loan selection and the true TBA market. Fundamental problems that TBA investors face when assessing the prepayment risk of TBA pools; Background on the trust IO market; Tools to address concerns about monitoring and valuing the effects of adverse prepayment selection in the...
- Prepayments higher in August and expected to increase. Chisholm, Chris; I.F.R. // Asset Securitization Report;10/1/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p24
Reports the expectation for increased of prepayments of collateralized mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) in New York. Percentage rate of the office loan pool prepay; Accounts on the total percentage of the multifamily loans; Transactions on the backing of loans.
- Refinancing Wave Calling Attention to Subprime Prepay Penalties. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;01/22/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
Discusses reasons why investors are becoming more interested in the fact that a large percentage of subprime mortgages carry prepayment penalties. Mitigation of prepayment risk; Theory that subprime or home equity product is slower to prepay than more mainstream loans; Laws in the United States...
- Londoners most likely to take out a loan to pay debt. // Mortgage Finance Gazette;
The article discusses the result of the survey by Debt Advisory Centre which shows that 6% of Londoners used loans to repay debts in another loan while 3 % of the residents used credit to pay off rent or mortgage in Great Britain in July 2013.
- Losses Edge Up On HLTV Deals. // National Mortgage News;2/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p12
Reports the increased of high loan-to-value home loan securities in New York. Decrease in delinquency rate of loan-to-value home; Increase range of vintages issuance; Decrease of prepayment rates of loans.
- Prepays Show Comp Rule Influenced TPO Effect. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;10/24/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p5
The article discusses the impact of prepayment coupled with a loan compensation rule to the third-party originator (TPO) effect.
- Reports Show Declaration of Mortgage Prepayment Speeds in July. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7
Reports the deceleration of mortgage prepayment speeds among systems in the United States in July 2001. Comparison of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac speeds; Significance of the forty-five-day accounting scheme; Increase in speeds for loans with high combined loan-to-value ratios.
- Prepayment Rates Drop Sharply on Loans with Low Rates. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
Reports the decline of prepayment rates for mortgage loans in the U.S. Discussions on refinancing activities; Effects of mortgage rates on prepayment rates; Relations between mortgage brokers and refinancings.
- Freddie Mac Curbs Prepay Penalties. // Mortgage Servicing News;Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p14
Reports the stoppage of purchase on subprime loans with prepayment penalties of Freddie Mac in McLean, Virginia.