U. Penn. Subsidiary Plans $20M VRDN Deal for New School
- Pennsylvania Agency Readies College Improvement Issue. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p30
Reports on the June 6, 2000 bond issuance by the Pennsylvania Hospital and Higher Education Facilities Authority. Use of the bond proceeds to pay for improvements on 14 state university campuses; Prospects for the bond's performance in the market.
- Blacks get own yearbook at Univ. of Pa.; It's a first for Ivy League Schools. // Jet;8/21/89, Vol. 76 Issue 20, p22
Discusses the yearbook produced by the Black Students League at the University of Pa. in Philadelphia, which highlights blacks' achievements, and is believed to be the first of its kind in an Ivy League school.
- New speech code. Giles, David M. // Quill;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p19
Reports that the University of Pennsylvania is soliciting proposals from students on the school's code of conduct.
- Helping students understand diversity. // Liberal Education;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p32
Reports on Philadelphia-based University of Pennsylvania's requiring of first-year students to attend a day-long `diversity education' program before the start of classes in the fall of 1989.
- Case of the kidnapped papers. Hentoff, Nat // Progressive;Aug93, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p12
Looks at an incident at the University of Pennsylvania in which nearly an entire day's run of the student newspaper, `The Daily Pennsylvanian,' was ambushed and thrown into dumpsters and trash cans. The communique from `The Working Committee of Concerned Black and Latino Students'; Previous...
- 17. WHOLESALING. Breyer, Ralph F. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1949, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p545
An abstract of the article "University of Pennsylvania," by Richard M. Clewett is presented.
- No penalty for `confiscating' campus paper. // Editor & Publisher;9/25/93, Vol. 126 Issue 39, p18
Reveals that the University of Pennsylvania has refused to penalize nine black students whom it accused of confiscating copies of the student newspaper because of its `racist' views. Reasons given for the decision; Views of the black students; Policy-setting.
- UNIVERSITY OF Pennsylvania. Gabrieli, David // Teen Ink;Fall2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p21
The article presents the author's insights regarding the University of Pennsylvania located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as one of the top schools in the U.S.
- U. of Pa. lib. gets $9.6M. // Library Journal;5/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p22
Announces the University of Pennsylvania Library inherited a staggering $9.6 million--the largest gift in its 240-year existence--from a local citizen with a tradition of strong monetary support, Adolph G. Rosengarten Jr. Past contributions from the Rosengarten family dating back 150 years; How...