Chicago Program Opens Doors of Finance to Inner-City Youth
- Partners in learning. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p10
Reports on partnerships between educational institutions and businesses for business education. George Washington University's college degrees in human resources development (HRD); College credit for training program participants at the Development Dimensions International; Management Education...
- Education blueprint unveiled at forum. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the unveiling of Ohio's education blueprint. Formation of a blue ribbon entity called the Business Education Network; Agenda of boosting graduation rates; Training efforts for work-related education to fit employers needs.
- Bridging the education gap. Strugatch, Warren // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/11/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p1B
Focuses on the need for enhancing the relationship between schools and the business sector in Long Island, New York. Factors influencing the gap between schools and the industry; Importance of orienting students to the business world; Effectiveness of mentoring programs in schools;...
- Industry as a cog inside the education machine. Warwick, David // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p39
Argues on the involvement of industries on education in United Kingdom. Significance and implication of the relationship between business and education; List of companies that have been working to implement long term change in education.
- A Sino-Western education for business executives. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;May95, p71
Focuses on the business education programs in China to be launched by two Western companies in cooperation with leading Chinese organizations. Features of the programs; Companies involved; Scheduled date of the programs.
- An unfortunate mistake... Handy, Charles // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
Presents a look at business education. Value of a MBA (Masters of Business Administration); Business studies as a prerequisite for many careers.
- The corporate role in education and training. Thompson, John M. // Business Quarterly;Autumn90, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p116
Discusses the role of Canadian businesses in education and training. Shift from resource-based and labor intensive economy to an intellect-intensive economy; Shortage of needed skills in the technology sector; Creation of a science and technology culture in elementary and secondary schools;...
- Listening to the footsteps of change. Tapp, Lawrence G. // Business Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p7
Describes the changes in business education in Canada. Globalization of the business education market; Influence of technology on business education; Efforts by the Western Business School of the University of Western Ontario to cope with the changes.
- Business education in Canada: A blueprint for change. Tapp, Larry // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p29
Offers suggestions for ensuring an effective business education in Canadian schools. Attraction of more financial capital in order to become exporters of intellectual capital; Need for business schools to increasingly bring the school to the student; Role of business schools as central forum...
- Executives are sitting in at the school principal's office. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p27
Focuses on the Principal for a Day program by the Los Angeles Educational Partnership in Los Angeles, California to connect the business community with public schools in the city. Number of schools participating in the program; Features of the program; Number of executives participating;...