MSRB, TBMA to Hold Compliance Seminar in N.Y.C
- TBMA calls for loosening G-36, G-32 rules on OS deliveries. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p36
Reports that the Bond Market Association has asked the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to review rules governing the delivery of official statement to the board and consumers by securities dealers in the United States. Concerns of the association on the current regulatory framework;...
- MSRB's New Monthly Transaction Report Will Appear Dec. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p6
Reports on the plan of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to publish a monthly Comprehensive Transaction Report. Subscription fee for the compact discs; Suggestion of the Bond Market Association.
- MSRB Files New Rule G-38 Changes Requested by SEC to End Stalemate. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30714, p6
Reports on the changes being sought by the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to Rule G-38. Details of the proposed changes; Opposition of the Bond Market Association.
- TBMA Seeks Changes to Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31120, p1
Reports that the Bond Market Association is urging the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to change or clarify at least half a dozen provisions of its Rule G-37. Prevention of municipal dealers from engaging in pay-to-play practices by making political contributions.
- MSRB and TBMA to Hold Compliance Seminar. // ComplyNet;Aug2006, p9
The article reports the compliance seminar sponsored by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and The Bond Market Association. The seminar will be on October 26, 2006 and will discuss MSRB rules. Members of the MSRB legal staff will discuss recent MSRB initiatives and will answer...
- TBMA on proposed G-38 change: Let dealers rely on consultant information. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p5
Reports on statements by The Bond Market Association (TBMA), that if dealers are required to disclose their consultants' contributions to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), that they should be allowed to rely on whatever information the consultants report to them. Reference to a...
- TBMA Takes Gripes About MSRB Crisis Plan to Key Regulators. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p38
Reports on objections of the Bond Market Association (TBMA) to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's emergency municipal bond market shutdown proposal in the U.S. Concern of TBMA on the impact of municipal market shutdown on economy and banking system; Proposals of the municipal board on...
- TBMA Is Pressing MSRB on Its Transaction Reporting Program. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p1
Reports that The Bond Market Association has sought assurances from regulators that the proposed expansion of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's transaction-reporting program would be shouldered by users rather than the municipal broker-dealer community. Amendment of Rule...
- TBMA opposes 2 MSRB proposed rule changes on syndicates. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p4
Expresses The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) opposition to two of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposed rule changes on syndicate practices in the United States. TBMA's claims on the unfairness of the proposals on dealers in the position of policing issuers and other market...