Nassau, Utility Settlement Hits Roadblocks
- Suit Seeks to Disqualify California Ballot Aimed at Public Utilities. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33285, p28
The article reports on a court case filed by a group of California cities and municipal utilities, which seeks to disqualify a ballot measure designed to erect barriers to publicity owned electricity providers.
- Utility litigation. // Reporter;Sep92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p25
Presents information on utility litigation in the United States. How the putting off of utilities filing rate cases impacted on litigations; Examples of case and their outcomes; Detailed information on the issue.
- GTE suit stops PUD from sharing speedy connection. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, pB11
Reports on the lawsuit filed by GTE against Public Utility District (PUD) Number One of Douglas County, Washington. Question on the legality of telecommunications infrastructures build by public utilities; Negotiation between GTE and PUD on all the latter's fiber-optic jobs.
- LLOYD V. PENNSYLVANIA PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION: RATES, REIMBURSEMENTS, AND PUBLIC FUNDING--WITH THE END OF RATE CAPS, IS IT TIME FOR SMART METERING IN PENNSYLVANIA? Kwon, Steve J. // Widener Law Journal;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p591
The article discusses the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania's decision in the case of Lloyd versus Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. It addresses how the ruling resolved the three issues concerning rate increases, cost allocation due to natural disasters, and public funding and how this...
- Bias claimed at Citizens Gas. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the filing of lawsuit by black workers against Citizen Gas & Coke Utility, a city-owned utility in Indianapolis, Indiana. Allegation of the plaintiffs that a test restrained them from moving into jobs they were qualified for; Limitation of the career advancement of black employees;...
- Utility litigation. // Reporter;Jun94, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p27
Provides information on utility contract terms and provisions that may be unique to utility contracts in the United States. Discussion on connection charges, facility charges, termination liability and minimum bill provision as well as negotiated rates clauses.
- Tarrant Water District: Another battle in the Texas-Oklahoma water wars. ANSBACHER, SIDNEY F. // Trends (15339556);May/Jun2012, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p15
The article informs on the Supreme Court case Tarrant Regional Water District v. Herrmann in the U.S. It is mentioned that Tarrant Regional Water District is a water supply agency in Texas and under the case it seeks rights for the water from Red River. It is informed that the petition revolves...
- FDIC Sues Texas MUD for Loan Default. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31129, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. against a municipal utility district in Trophy Club, Texas. Alleged nonpayment of a loan for water, sewer and drainage renovations; Details of the lawsuit.
- Texas MUD Sues U.S. for Bailout from Elections Law. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32456, p40
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the officials of Northwest Austin Municipal Utility District (MUD) No. 1 against the U.S. attorney general. MUD requested a bailout from a provision that requires them to seek pre-clearance of all elections and election policies from the federal...