Chicago Targets TIF Fund for Millennium Park Project
- Dunbar Park Gets $2 Million Renovation. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;9/14/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the celebration of Chicago Park officials and community stakeholders to the opening of a refurbished area of Dunbar Park in Chicago, Illinois funded by the one million dollars in Tax Increment Financing (TIFs) and one million dollars in Chicago Park District Funds.
- Bills would allow tax-increment funding, tax break for tech. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p36
Reports on bills that would allow communities to use tax-increment financing for technology parks in Michigan. Tax abatements for technology businesses; Expansion of the definition of property eligible for tax abatements.
- Down to the river to play. // American City & County;Aug2010, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p44
The article offers a look at the Schwiebert Riverfront Park in Rock Island, Illinois which was built for a cost of 12.5 million dollars through the Downtown Tax Increment Finance District funds.
- Chicago to Pull $35 Million From TIF for Surging Millennium Park Costs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p3
Informs that Chicago, Illinois will tap some funds from its upcoming Central Loop tax-increment financing (TIF) bond sale to help cover the costs of the proposed Millennium Park. City's earlier two deals to help finance the park; Bond sale to mark the city's last under the Central Loop TIF.
- TIF planners to put parking options into drive. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;2/21/97, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the presentation of downtown parking options by planning consultants to board members of the Downtown Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Reinvestment Zone in Fort Worth, Texas. Consideration of the underground garage; Financing considerations.
- Great Park Takes Shape. Swope, Christopher // Governing;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the construction project for the "Great Park" in Orange County, California. It states that after seven years of planning, the board of directors of Great Park Corp. approved a comprehensive park design in February 2009 and voted for the first round of construction work in...
- Belknap Engineering and Applied Sciences Park. // Lane Report;Oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on the upcoming 33 acres Belknap Engineering and Applied Sciences Park, in Louisville , Kentucky, which will serve as a center for Tax Increment Financing (TIF) deputed region in the University of Louisville Foundation's (UofL) Belknap campus.
- D.C. Plans $42 Million TIF Deal to Finance Target Parking Garage. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31999, p7
The article presents information that the District of Columbia will issue $42 million of tax-increment financing promissory notes to finance the construction of parking facilities for the city's first-ever Target store. The project involves the construction of a 4 65,000 square-foot shopping...
- Youth Sports Park good example of TIF benefits. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p5
The article reports on the creation of a new tax increment financing (TIF) project called the Youth Sports Park in Coralville, Iowa. It says that the park is a 5.4 million dollar project that includes several ball fields, and is purposed to be used for regional and state tournaments. According...